Tax report for schedule A does not include transfers?

I have set up a liability/other account in Quicken to track an outstanding balance I have with a local hospital. The liability account has the "Tax Schedule Information" box set to "Transfers in: Schedule A: doctors, dentists, hospitals" The hospital auto-drafts payments monthly on my credit card, also set up as an account in Quicken. The payment transactions in the credit card account are categorized as a transfer from my credit card account to the liability account and works nicely to track the balance of the liability. However when I run a Tax Report - Schedule A it does not include the amounts paid toward the liability from the credit card. I have tried changing the liability account "Tax Schedule Information" to Transfers out: Schedule A, and both Transfers in: and Transfers out together. Nothing changes on the report. The "Tax Report Summary" does correctly include the liability paid amounts under a "Transfers" heading at the end of the report. I cannot find a way to include transfer transactions in the Schedule A report customization dialog box. Any help would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the Schedule A report to make sure the liability account is included in the Category selections. It will be near the bottom of the list.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • jdw908785
    jdw908785 Member ✭✭
    Thanks to all that replied. I will setup some test accounts and try the work-around this week. I will also check to see if only my payments or if the entire balance for the liability account is deductible in the current tax year. For the Schedule A report the liability account was not listed in the "Category" selection box but was selected in the "Accounts" box. Both the "Category" and "Accounts" boxes are set to "Select All". Thanks again.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jdw908785 said:
    Thanks to all that replied. I will setup some test accounts and try the work-around this week. I will also check to see if only my payments or if the entire balance for the liability account is deductible in the current tax year. For the Schedule A report the liability account was not listed in the "Category" selection box but was selected in the "Accounts" box. Both the "Category" and "Accounts" boxes are set to "Select All". Thanks again.
    You might also want to check in the account Customization that you have:
    • Select All for the Payees and Tags tabs
    • On the Advanced tab include "All" Amounts, Tax-related transactions only is checked, "All Transactions" is selected for Transaction types, "Include all" Transfers is selected and all the Status boxes are checked.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.