Where is my activation code?

I downloaded and installed Quicken and according to the help function my activation code was included in my order confirmation email. However, it is not. So where can I obtain it? I cannot contact customer support as they only offer chat and calls during business hours...when I am at work. They do not appear to offer an email option. So far this experience has not been positive. No issues taking my money I will point out. Any help from this community is appreciated since customer service does not seem to be a priority for this company.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    An activation code is not required when we purchase Quicken at Quicken.com as the purchase immediately activates the subscription for the Quicken ID used when the product is purchased.  When we purchase the product elsewhere, we need to activate the subscription purchased to associate the subscription purchased with a Quicken ID.  Note: The Quicken ID is associated with a data file: select Edit > Preferences... and Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @GFHB .  If you purchased and downloaded Quicken from Quicken.com, then there is no activation code needed.  Your purchase of the program is recorded in your Quicken.com account and it is activated at when you purchased it.
    If you purchased and downloaded Quicken from a retailer, then the retailer must provide you with the activation code.  If you did not get it, then you need to contact the retailer you bought it from.
    If you have not already done this, you might want to review the download and installation instructions for the various options (download from Quicken.com, download from Amazon.com, install from a CD) at https://www.quicken.com/support/windows/install-and-update#windows.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• GFHB
    GFHB Member
    I downloaded from Quicken.com and it is asking me for an activation code. So I am stuck and now further confused since it appears that I don't even need an activation code. But the program will not let me proceed without entering the activation code. I guess I am going to have to take time off from work to contact customer service since that is my only option. Not sure why it doesn't just work like you are saying.
  • GFHB
    GFHB Member
    Well, after logging in about three dozen times it finally worked! Makes no sense. Not an encouraging start to using their subscription service. Thanks for your help!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GFHB - I was about to suggest that you uninstall and then download again and reinstall.  Sometimes something goes wrong with program downloads and installation (can happen with just about any program) so doing this can fix the problem.  But then I saw your last post.  I'm glad it's now working for you and you don't need to do all that or take of time from work to contact Quicken Support.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @GFHB ,

When you buy from Quicken.com, there is no activation code, because it is activated right away and placed in your Quicken.com /My Account for downloading the Quicken Installer for Windows or Mac Computers,

If you don't use the exact same  Quicken User ID and password, you used to obtain the installer, you will get the need for the Activation Code.

Here is the procedure for reinstalling Quicken, in the future, if needed:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.