How to replace deleted mortgage payment

Options
My mortgages are a split. But I deleted it, how to recreate it?

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you have a recent backup file you can restore?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• albator159
    albator159 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Are you serious, no other way.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    (Edited comment:  My earlier response wrongly assumed you had deleted your mortgage account.  After reviewing your post, again, I see it is regarding a payment, not the account. So, my response below has been modified to reflect that.)
    @albator159 - I'm not sure why you disliked my previous response.  All I asked was a question.  What is there to dislike when someone asks a question in an attempt to get more information so an appropriate response to help you can be provided? 
    Moving on to your question:  If you are referring to a single Mortgage Bill Reminder transaction that has been deleted or ignored, you can go to your Bill Reminders, locate and click on the next reminder for it, click on Edit This And All Future Instances and enter the date you want for the next due date (even if it is prior to today's date).  The deleted Reminder will be placed back into the Reminder series.
    If you are referring to a Mortgage Bill Reminder series having been deleted in its entirety, you can go to the Mortgage Account, click on Edit directly beneath Monthly Payment, enter the date you want the next payment to be (even if it is prior to today's date), click on Payment Options and make sure Loan Reminder is ticked, click OK and click Done.  Quicken will create a new Mortgage Bill Reminder.
    Once the Reminder series has been fixed, enter the previously deleted Reminder into the register.  This will ensure your principal and interest splits are applied properly and reflected properly in your Mortgage account records. 
    If you had already downloaded and matched the bank payment transaction and matched it with your Reminder transaction, you can simply mark the Reminder transaction in the register as cleared or reconciled.
    That all being said, restoring a recent backup file from before the payment deletion (if it is not too old) could be the simplest option.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you deleted just one transaction, can't you recreate it?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @albator159 what exactly did you delete?

One payment?
    The payment reminder?
    The account?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • albator159
    albator159 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I deleted a payment.

I figured out how to redo it.

I have another question.

My mortgage is

The principal = 200
    interest = 300$

In my checking account I created the transaction .
    In the split on each line I entered 200 and 300.

And in my Mortgage account. The associated transaction show only 200$ (The principal) is it normal?

Because my bank calculate my balance as interest payed + principal payed (200+300 = 500)
    Quicken only show 200 decrease.

So my bank show 100 500 open balance.
    I pay 500, the balance is $100 000.
    But Q. will show 100 000 open balance.
    Decrease 200, balance 100 300.
    So they can't balance.

Q and my bank account do not match their balance on every transaction because the interest is missing.

Any way to fix that?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The transaction amount in the funding account should be for the total amount of the payment, and then that transaction should be split between a transfer of the amount paid for principal to the loan account and the interest paid to the category used for interest.

So if your payment was $500 that is what you should see for the transaction when you're looking at it in the register. And in the split dialogue it should look like this.
    [Loan account]. 200
    InterestCategory 300

So your page $200 towards your loan principal the amount you owe goes down by 200. And you have paid $300 of interest. Note that is very typical at the beginning of a house loan to be paying more interest in principle. Also note that the interest you pay for mortgage loan can be deducted off your taxes.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also wanted to mention that even though I used the amounts and you gave it is highly unlikely that you would ever have such even numbers.and the principal and interest are going to vary depending on how much you owe that is the reason 4 using the Quicken loan wizard which creates a reminder that varies per month for the interest and principal. You can get to the loan wizard by editing the account details.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.