Anyone else's Quicken showing investing activity today?

Options
KnnNike
KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
I was doing my normal Saturday morning routine of updating/reconciling my accounts in Quicken, and I couldn't figure out why my investment balances were off from my online account. Finally figured it out...the investing tab in Quicken is acting like the stock market is open today (Saturday, July 25th), with huge gains showing on all of my accounts.

Much as I would like this scenario to be real, it's clearly some sort of bug. I keep updating the investment view (and yes, I've verified that I'm on today's date), and I can't get this to go away.

Is anyone else's version of Quicken acting like the stock market is open today?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken gets its security prices from three sources.
    1. Manual entry.
    2. Quote service.
    3. Broker during downloading of investment transactions.
    Some brokers are known to update their security prices very late (Fidelity for instance).  For instance early the next morning, and also use that date for the price.

So Monday security closing prices are updated, on Tuesday with Tuesday's date.
    And follow that out for the week and you get Friday's close updated with Saturday's date.  This most likely what you are seeing.

One way to tell where the quote is coming from (Quote service or Broker) is to look at the security price history.  If the price doesn't have the high/low then it came from the broker.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Over the years I've had that happen to me from time to time, but not today.  I think it's most likely a "quote provider" issue.
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I should've added...I haven't changed anything about my investment accounts or setup for several years, and this is the first time I'm seeing this. Yes, I have several Fidelity accounts, but this is also happening with two accounts that I have to track manually. So it seems almost certainly like an issue with the quote service...but like, would I really be the only one seeing this, in that case?
This discussion has been closed.