Can't schedule Wells Fargo mortgage payment for future date using Quick Pay

I'm trying to use the new functionality which allows scheduling payments on a future date. It worked fine for 2 credit cards, but the only option I have when making my Wells Fargo mortgage payment is to date it today. When I'm in the Quick Pay dialogue, the pay date correctly shows the due date of my current payment, but it has a red box around it. To the right, it says, "Date must be today," also in red. I am unable to change that date.

I called Quicken tech support, and the good people there seemed to make every reasonable effort to find a solution. They were unable to do so and advised that it looked like a problem with a setting or limitation at Wells Fargo.

Per Quicken's recommendation, I called Wells Fargo and talked to at least 3 people over the span of half an hour. They all wanted me to talk to a someone in a different department, and the last person forwarded my call to Quicken -- not very helpful.

Has anyone else encountered and resolved this issue?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2020
    Hello @DAMcL,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and explaining your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Since it will not allow you to change the date from the Quick Pay dialogue window, then if you haven't already, I suggest trying the alternate method of initiating the payment directly from your Quicken register instead. 

In your register, simply enter the date desired to pay, and in the Check # field, choose the option for Pay with Quick Pay (see below)Then, fill out the payee, category, and amount.

Also, I'd like to include this support article regarding scheduling future dated payments. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DAMcL
    DAMcL Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Anja, for taking the time to reply. What is described in the support article is pretty much what I have done with the other two payees who I paid with a scheduled payment as expected.

What exactly did you do with the keyboard or mouse to get that list of options in the check # field? If I right-click, I get a long menu of options, including "Pay Now," "Mark as Paid", and "Skip this Instance," but "Pay with Quick Pay" is not one of them.

Do you think deleting it and starting over is worth a try? Would I need to delete it only from Bills & Income, or would I also need to delete it from the Property & Debts section of Accounts? I find it interesting that someone else had the same problem with only being able to pay today on an AmEx account...
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for the additional information, and I apologize for the delay in my response.

If the only options you are receiving are as you said, "Pay Now," "Mark as Paid", and "Skip this Instance", this means that you're working with a scheduled transaction in the register. In this case, you would need to choose "Mark as Paid" first to change it from a scheduled transaction to a manual transaction (the transaction should display an orange pencil after marking it as paid). Then, edit the manual transaction and click on the Check # field. Once you've clicked on the field, the list of options displayed in the screenshot from my previous response should become visible for you to choose from.

Also, keep in mind that each biller does set their own limits for how far ahead they allow any third-party bill pay service to pay in advance. So, should this method also fail, then that would indicate that the biller is blocking how far ahead you are trying to send the payment.

I hope this helps.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DAMcL
    DAMcL Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I was finally able to submit a payment, but then afterward Quicken came back with a failure message:
    (see below?)

How do I work around this? I went through the one-time code process once already to get to the point of submitting the payment.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    DAMcL said:
    How do I work around this? I went through the one-time code process once already to get to the point of submitting the payment.
    Have you tried going onto the Wells Fargo web site yourself to make the payment from there?  As stated by @Quicken Anja, some billers payment systems limit advanced scheduling of payments.  Quick Pay uses the biller's payment system so whatever limits the biller sets are applicable to Quick Pay.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• DAMcL
    DAMcL Member ✭✭
    > @jrfaris said:
    > (Quote)
    > Have you tried going onto the Wells Fargo web site yourself to make the payment from there?  As stated by @Quicken Anja, some billers payment systems limit advanced scheduling of payments.  Quick Pay uses the biller's payment system so whatever limits the biller sets are applicable to Quick Pay.

Thanks for your reply -- I will probably try that as a last resort. Of course I could be wrong, but it seems that if Wells-Fargo was preventing advanced scheduling of payments that someone else would have also encountered that by now -- but perhaps not. The problem *seems* to be not so much with scheduling itself as with a requirement to perform an extra one-time authentication each time.

Doing so should work but would partly cancel out the benefits I was hoping to derive from Quicken.
  • DAMcL
    DAMcL Member ✭✭
    @jrfaris I just realized that you were perhaps suggesting paying directly through the Wells Fargo site as a test, to understand the problem better. That does seem like a good idea -- thanks.
This discussion has been closed.