Unsure how to show 'Everything Else;

Options
I have created a new account and am unsure how to show 'Everything Else' into my budget. Is this still possible?

It is also not showing my (2) credit card payments in my budget, would these fall into 'Everything Else' too?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

Assuming you're using a subscription edition that supports budgets, the Everything Else pseudo category may be added to a budget by selecting the  icon at the right of Everything Else on Graph view.

The interest portion of a credit card payment should have an interest category and, therefore, may be explicitly budgeted as an interest category or will be included within Everything Else.  The principal portion of a credit card payment is usually entered as transfer from the payment register to the credit card register.  To include transfers to the credit card register in a budget, select Manage Budget Categories, Transfers Out, check TO [credit card], and select OK.
  • justinmreina
    justinmreina Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Sherlock,
    Thank you for the detail, much appreciated! I am using Quicken 2020 R27.42 (build 27.1.27.42).

My apologies the Everything Else category is present on my budget but empty, how can I get it to register and display its contents (e.g. the two referenced credit card payments).

Why is it showing as empty? I have taken screenshots, let me know if able to share.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.