How to select multiple purchase lots when selling bonds?

When selling a block of stock it is easy to select various purchase lots. However, for a bond sale, the buy lots are shown in a drop-down list. I can highlight only one. It is not possible to select more than one lot. I just sold a block of bonds representing three buy lots. I could enter the transaction only by not selecting any lots. How can a user assign buy lots?

Best Answer

Answers

• Reynold050
    Reynold050 Member ✭✭
    It gets worse. After I entered the transaction without selecting any lots, I looked at the Schedule D Capital Gains & Losses Report. Quicken randomly selected one of the three lots and "reported" that I had bought 80 bonds and sold 135 bonds, posting a huge capital gain. What nonsense.
  • Hello @Reynold050,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

If you are still needing assistance, please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Reynold050
    Reynold050 Member ✭✭
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, build 19041.388
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0
    Quicken Premier 2020 VR27.42, build 27.1.27.42
This discussion has been closed.