Morgan Stanley Wealth Management download errors

Answers

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Quicken Mac Same issue ... no downloads since Aug. 3?? It is now Aug 7th? Someone please fix.... Only affecting Morgan Stanley accounts.
  • Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    I just spoke with MS tech support at 1:45 pm pacific time, and as of this morning 8/7/2020 they had an alert about the issue and working on it. Standby

Michael B
  • Jay Berman
    Jay Berman Member ✭✭
    How about a way to contact quicken support and put in a ticket by email and not have to wait on hold or for a chat
  • Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    I called support at quicken about 20 min ago and the wait was less than 2 min

Michael B
  • aferyus
    aferyus Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue on my Mac. The last download I got was on Aug 4th. It is interesting though that it does not show any errors on the attempts.
  • Had the same problem Thursday. Called Quicken who said it was a Morgan Stanley issue. MS looked and said it was theirs and they were working on it. Yesterday, everything downloaded just fine and this morning, not working again. Frustrating.
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Same observation here
  • jluftman
    jluftman Member ✭✭
    Same issue here (since Thursday). Windows 10, Quicken Premier R27.42
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    aferyus said:
    ... It is interesting though that it does not show any errors on the attempts.
    I would encourage every user of Quicken for Mac to report the lack of error messages via the in-program Help > Report a Problem ... tool.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • Jim Shiffrin
    Jim Shiffrin Member ✭✭✭
    Appears I spoke too quickly yesterday. It is not working this morning (8 Aug).
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    How about a way to contact quicken support and put in a ticket by email and not have to wait on hold or for a chat
    @Jay Berman Quicken doesn't offer email as a means of support, and I doubt they will change that. I'd guess that the reason is that most such emails wouldn't provide all the information they need to properly diagnose the issue; they need users to have interaction with a support agent to be effective.

Just look at this forum as a sample of the issue: many reported problems result in back-and-forth over hours, days or longer to gather basic information such as the version of Quicken the user is running, their operating system version, the specifics of what they are doing and exactly what happens. People post: "my downloads aren't working! Fix it!" But you need to know: what is the connection method? Is there an error message? What does a log file show? etc.

I just don't see email being an effective means for users to report problems.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • basimmer
    basimmer Member ✭✭
    I had the exact same experience as Jim Shiffrin on R28.10. Didn't work Aug 6, did the morning of Aug 7, but did not work again this morning.
  • basimmer
    basimmer Member ✭✭
    Actually this just worked for me. In Online Center, pick MS as the financial institution, hold ctrl-shift clicking Contact Info, picked my first MS account, selecting the Refresh Option Branding and Profile item, and my next download worked.
  • cwerph
    cwerph Member ✭✭
    > @markus1957 said:
    > I also received this error this morning.  Resolved it with a Branding & Profile refresh per Quicken Knowledge Base article.
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting

That's all well and good, but I can't get the account setup because it won't connect, so the institution isn't even listed.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Still not working on Quicken Mac this AM??
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    This resolved the problem for me yesterday - so thanks. But, this morning the overnight update showed again it could not connect with Morgan Stanley.

Repeating the procedure "fixed" it and it connected. But seems odd to have to do it every day?

[edited for readability]
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    cwerph said:
    > @markus1957 said:
    > I also received this error this morning.  Resolved it with a Branding & Profile refresh per Quicken Knowledge Base article.
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting

That's all well and good, but I can't get the account setup because it won't connect, so the institution isn't even listed.
    In  Tools>Add Account, your should see Morgan Stanley Wealth Management under the Brokerage link.  If it still won't connect after trying to set it up and you don't see it using the method from the link, try using this key sequence-

In Online Center, hover over the Contact Info link with your mouse and while maintaining contact with the link, hold Ctrl + F3, then left click. 

You will get a slightly different window titled "FI Action Required". 

Select Morgan Stanley and click Refresh. Then use Update/Send in Online Center.

Then try setting up the account again, but pay attention to the input boxes and enter what they ask for.  Sometimes it's account # and other times it's UserID.
  • ddtark
    ddtark Member
    Since my software was updated to Version 5.17.3 on July 31, I am no longer receiving transaction downloads from Morgan Stanley Wealth Management.
  • wayneusa
    wayneusa Member ✭✭
    > @wayneusa said:
    > I also have the same problem with Morgan Stanley as of 6 Aug. I updated Quicken Windows to 28.10 yesterday (5 Aug). I have no problem logging in to my Morgan Stanley web page.

Hector of Chat, didn't recognize my problem
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Why are we getting Windows fixes on this Mac Site?
    Quicken for Mac Version 5.17.3 is still not working...? There is no "Tools>Add Account" or "Online Center" to access or "hover over"?
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Ben12 said:
    > Worked for me also on Aug 7

Stopped working on Aug 8. I guess I will be patient for a couple days
  • knuthvol4
    knuthvol4 Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem.  Refreshing the branding works for me, but the problem returns the following day.  Refreshing again seems to fix it, albeit temporarily.

This is consistent with what some others have reported.

For me this began with the latest Quicken update (which fixed the super slow update problem, yay!), but that may be coincidence,

Larry
  • Jay Berman
    Jay Berman Member ✭✭
    worked yesterday 8/8, not working today
  • RJ
    RJ Member ✭✭
    Today I am having this issue as well, and when I selected the option that I had not changed my login/PW information, I get the option to reenter the password. I do, with CTRL-V copy of the very same PW I had just used to login to MSSB, and Quicken returns the error message that the PW is incorrect.
  • basimmer
    basimmer Member ✭✭
    Worked fine this morning Aug 10th.
  • Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    Still not working I have sent another message to our contact and IT department
    Aug 10 @ 8:50 am pacific

Michael B
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Still not working on Quicken Mac....no error message, just no downloads since 8/3/2020
  • Mark Peacock
    Mark Peacock Member ✭✭

Been having this same problem since last week, still an issue today Mon 10 Aug. Tried the suggestion above with no result. All the same symptoms mentioned above -- no updates; log file says incorrect login credentials but I can log into the MSWM website with the same credentials. Running R28.10 on Win10.
This discussion has been closed.