Only 4 types of accounts in my Starter Edition

Hello,
I recently switched from an old version of quicken to the Starter Edition. When I try to create a new account, the only choices I get are: Checking, Credit Card, Savings, & Cash. No option for any other types of accounts such as property or debt. Is that expected? Everything I've researched shows a "add account" page that has lots more choices than the one I get.

Thank you in advance for your help

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @nebeid .  Starter version is very basic and is focused on spending accounts.  To get the features you want you would need to upgrade to at least Deluxe.  Your upgrade cost will be just for the difference in price between Starter and Deluxe.  Deluxe is very comprehensive and meets the needs of most people.
    You might want to review the versions comparison chart to make sure you are selecting the right version for you: https://www.quicken.com/compare.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should also have noted that if you do upgrade you will not need to download and install a new program.  All the Quicken versions are the same software.  The version you subscribe to simply determines which features are turned on.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And.. lastly - since all current versions are now "subscription" - if you purchase the Starter version and choose to not renew - all your data becomes "read-only" - can't manually edit your data.   This is not true with the Deluxe, Premiere,  and HB versions.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.