Investing Dashboard-Total Value with a multi-currency portfolio

Claude
Claude Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Investing (Windows)
In the case of a multi-currency portfolio, the Total Value that appears in the top left hand side of the dashboard page is incorrect. It appears to be the simple arithmetic sum of values in different currencies, without their prior conversion to the common default currency.
As a result the the amount shown is meaningless. The proper total is the Market Value displayed at the bottom of the Portfolio tab.

I use Quicken 2020 version R28.10

Comments

• Hello @Claude,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and share this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

If you have not already, please take a look at this Support Article to make sure you have Quicken enabled for multiple currencies, as well as for some more details regarding this feature.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Claude
    Claude Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the comment. Multi-currency support was already enabled. The answer must lie elsewhere.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Claude

Thank you for the response and for confirming the current settings.

May I ask that you please include a screenshot of the discrepancy?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

This will hopefully help to isolate the issue to get a better idea of the cause of the discrepancy. 

Alternately, you may contact support directly to initiate a screen share to go over the issue one on one with an agent.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • alias
    alias Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe version 2020.R28.16

Hi, I have the same issue. here is the screenshot to help explain the issue. I have 2 accounts, one having investments in PKR (Pakistan Rupee) and the other in USD. PKR is the primary currency with multi-currency support enabled.

On the dashboard page, Quicken simply pulls the current investment values from all these securities, and adds them in US Dollars, without doing the relevant conversion from PKR to the USD to show the correct total.
  • Hello @Claude & @alias,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and share your experiences regarding this issue, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience incurred.

At this time, I would suggest reporting the problem via the Help>Report a problem menu. This will provide our Teams with the necessary data to begin investigating.

Please be sure to leave all boxes checked, as well as include a description of the issue that's occurring.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Claude & @alias

We appreciate your taking the time to report this issue to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience.

Are you still experiencing this issue when viewing multi-currency accounts in the investing dashboard?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • alias
    alias Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Sarah

The latest version R30.9 has fixed the issue. Thank you so much!
  • The latest Canadian Version R28.15 still has the problem described in previous posts above:
    On the dashboard page, Quicken simply pulls the current investment values from all securities, US and CND, and adds them in CND Dollars, without doing the relevant conversion from USD to the CND to show the correct total."
  • Ott4ever
    Ott4ever Member
    I’m also having this issue with the Canadian version R28.15. Is there a plan to fix it?