Would someone please help me with a missing transaction on Itemized Categories Report ?

Options
I purchased a house for 100 and sold it to my Company for 105. The Company then traded the house plus cash for some land. I recorded the transactions in Quicken as follows:

Purchase of house (Account 'House') Category Transfer from Bank (Increase )100; Cost of purchase -Category Transfer from Bank (Increase) 1; -Category Cost of Sales (Decrease) 101

Purchase of Land (Account 'Land') -Category Sale of House (Increase) 105; Transfer from Bank (Decrease) 100

The entries in the Land Account are correctly recorded and the balance shows the purchase price of 205.

But when I run the Itemized Categories Report it shows the following:

Sales 105
Cost of sales 101

Transfers
Bank -100
Land 0

i.e. everything seems to be OK except that the trade-in value of the house is not included in the Land Account in the report, even though it is in the Quicken Land Account.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Graham106

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to better help me understand what could be happening.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the version you are currently running.

Also, can you please clarify if you are using linked transfers on these transactions or if you are using a category labeled transfer?

A linked transfer will show [account name] in the category with brackets.

Also, it may be helpful to provide screenshots of the report and missing amounts.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Graham106
    Graham106 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Tyka,
    Thank you so much for your response.
    I am using Quicken 2016 Home and Business Version R19.5.
    I think I must be using linked transfers. I go into Categories and select Transfers from a drop down menu and the Categories appear in brackets.
    Please see the attached screenshots:
    I should explain that when I asked the original question, I tried to simplify the transaction. In fact, the trade-in included the house plus a garage and some land as you will see from the screenshots.
    As you will see, the trade-in value of the house and land (and garage) does not appear in the cost of the Land at Salir.
    Please help!
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @Graham106,

Thank you for providing this additional information and the screenshots, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Unfortunately, you are running an unsupported version of Quicken, however, the Community is a great place to post where other Users may come along with some feedback and/or advice to offer.

Alternatively, if and when you are ready to upgrade to a current release of Quicken, our Support Teams would be happy to assist with the upgrade process, as well as working through this issue with you.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.