Latest Windows Update (R28.10) keeps Crashing when showing graphs on reports

I been using Quicken for over 20 years and for the most part have had almost no issues. With this latest update, I encountered numerous issues such listed in the tile.

In addition, if I am looking at my investment holdings and click on any stock, quicken crashes.
If I click on the Business tab, quicken crashes.

I spent 2 hours with support doing all the checks, including reinstalling and still the same issue. Have reported this to Quicken already.

Just wanted to know if anyone else our there is facing the same issue.

Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Avalonrun & @brandongblack

Thank you both for taking the time to report this issue to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

As mentioned by @brandongblack, our Teams have been investigating this behavior and have determined the root cause of the crash was due to a change in the Windows Currency Formatting.

They have created a fix that should be included in the upcoming R29 release, however in the meantime, they provided a workaround that should resolve the crashing when viewing graphs.

Please open the Windows Control Panel and select Clock & Region > Region.

In the window that opens, select the Additional Settings button.  Another window will open, select the Currency tab and adjust the "No. of digits after the decimal:" to one or more digits, then click Apply and OK.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any questions/concerns.

Thank you again,

Sarah

• Avalonrun
    Avalonrun Member
    Answer ✓
    That fixed the issue!

It's hard to believe something like that caused the problem.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Avalonrun

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble and support has been unable to assist.

If you haven't already, I would try rolling back to the previous version to see if the crashing improves.

To do so, please save a backup first and download the previous patch R27.28.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Avalonrun
    Avalonrun Member
    I have tried this (did a few patches back) and it did not fix the problem, so not sure whats happening. I am 99.99% sure this was all working prior to this upgrade.
  • Avalonrun
    Avalonrun Member
    The latest update did not fix the problem. I was able to install quicken on somone elses computer and load my data file. Every on that computer seem to work fine.

The major difference for me is my laptop has a 4K screen (3200 x 1800). I have tried every combinations of the DPI settings and nothing seems to fix it. Not sure what to do.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Avalonrun

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

It sounds as though you may have tried all the available steps, but in case you did not, I would review the information available here.

If the trouble persists, I would take a moment to add your vote to the ongoing idea to add support for high-resolution monitors:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7865154/support-hi-res-monitors#latest

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • brandongblack
    brandongblack Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Avalonrun I have been having this same issue since R26.23.
    I'm actively working with Quicken QA engineering team for deeper debugging to see what the issue is. I too have it working fine on my laptop but my larger screen machine is where the issue exists. I suspect its some scaling issue
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Avalonrun & @brandongblack

Thank you both for taking the time to report this issue to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

As mentioned by @brandongblack, our Teams have been investigating this behavior and have determined the root cause of the crash was due to a change in the Windows Currency Formatting.

They have created a fix that should be included in the upcoming R29 release, however in the meantime, they provided a workaround that should resolve the crashing when viewing graphs.

Please open the Windows Control Panel and select Clock & Region > Region.

In the window that opens, select the Additional Settings button.  Another window will open, select the Currency tab and adjust the "No. of digits after the decimal:" to one or more digits, then click Apply and OK.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any questions/concerns.

Thank you again,

Sarah

• brandongblack
    brandongblack Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah Beautiful! It works!
  • Avalonrun
    Avalonrun Member
    Answer ✓
    That fixed the issue!

It's hard to believe something like that caused the problem.
This discussion has been closed.