I can’t figure out how to enable my online payees from Quicken

This discussion was created from comments split from: I am setting up bill manager..

Comments

• I can’t figure out how to enable my online payees from Quicken. The first step is to enter a bill. Well, I paid all my bills, so I can’t enter a bill in order to enable an online payee.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Elizabeth Weinberger

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To clarify, by enabling online payees are you referring to enabling the Quicken Bill Manager to pay bills?

If so you will need to add an online biller to begin the process.

1. Go to the Bills & Income tab, then click Get Started.

Quicken Bill Manager How To Set Up Quick Pay and Check Pay

If you do not see the Get Started button, click the + (plus sign) in the upper-right corner of the Bills & Income screen and select Online Bill

1. Search for the name of the biller you wish to add.

1. Enter the login credentials you use for that biller's website and click Next. Quicken will then authenticate the account and search for bills.

1. After the biller is added, a confirmation screen will follow. You can link an existing Reminder or create a new Reminder.

1. You can then choose to add another bill or click Done to finish.
    If you are needing help with something, else please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I, like many others, am having trouble. As I stated in my message, I already paid my bills, so I don’t have an online bill to pay. How do I migrate my online quicken bill pay payees to quicken bill manager in the absence of having outstanding bills? I can’t find this info anywhere. It looks like I will have to log in to every on-line bill payee site individually. Do I have to do that before 8/31? I need help! I did get my accounts verified.
  • Another issue. It would be really helpful to be notified by email or messenger of any replies to my questions.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Elizabeth Weinberger

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you are still experiencing this trouble.
    I, like many others, am having trouble. As I stated in my message, I already paid my bills, so I don’t have an online bill to pay.

An online biller can be added to the Quicken file regardless of the bill has been paid or not and is the first step in enabling a payment account.

How do I migrate my online quicken bill pay payees to quicken bill manager in the absence of having outstanding bills? I can’t find this info anywhere. 

To copy Quicken bill pay payees, please see the information available hereThis will need to be completed prior to the discontinuation of Quicken Bill Pay, on August 31st.

Quicken Bill Manager functions differently than the previously Quicken Bill Manager, the Quick Pay function relies on adding online billers.

To learn more about the differences between Quicken Bill manager and Quicken bill Pay, please visit the link below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/what-are-differences-between-quicken-bill-manager-and-quicken-bill-pay

Another issue. It would be really helpful to be notified by email or messenger of any replies to my questions.

The Community does not offer notification via Messenger, I apologize. In the meantime, you may set up notification preferences to receive notifications of comments and responses via email.

To access this please navigate your profile and select the icon shown below and choose "Edit Profile."

Then choose notification preferences and turn on the notifications you would like to see!

If you encounter any further issues, I would recommend contacting support directly for one on one assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has tools such as screen share to view your screen to help guide the process of setting up Quicken Bill Manager.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.