Unable to delete Quicken Bill Pay transaction in Quicken Premiere

I canceled Quicken Bill Pay service and rather than using the new Bill Manager back in July I decided to use my bank's bill pay service instead. I successfully stopped/deleted all my repeating Quicken Bill Pay transactions at the online Bill Pay site in July. But one of those I stopped does not show as deleted in my desktop Quicken Premiere, and whenever I use One Step Update it keeps trying to delete it unless I uncheck that request. If I leave it checked, I always get an OL-393-A message that "Quicken is unable to update your accounts." Any suggestions on how to get rid of this from my desktop version?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @Darnedifino,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and providing a detailed description of your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I just have a couple of questions in order for me to better assist you.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you are running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Also, does that Quicken Bill Pay transaction show as though it's still Scheduled or that it's In Process or Processed?

Last, I know you said you canceled your Quicken Bill Pay service, however, did you also deactivate it from within your Quicken desktop program?

If you could please check that and report back, that would be much appreciated.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Darnedifino
    Darnedifino Member ✭✭
    Thanks for replying to me. BTW, direct reply by email didn't work.

I'm using version R28.18 build 27.1.28.18. The payment shows on the Repeating Online tab as a monthly payment and says Rept-Cancel in the method column. It keeps trying to cancel it, but since I've closed my bill pay account, nothing happens.

And here's some more background, for some reason for a couple of months before I canceled my bill pay account it did the same thing. The probblem began when I first tried to convert to Bill Manager back in late May or June. I ended up with some payments being handled under Bill Manager and some still under bill pay. It got very confusing and I cancelled all the Bill Manager payments and decided to switch to my bank's bill pay service. I got all my other payments deleted from my desktop except for this one. At that time the message was different-- it kept giving me a message that it could not communicate with the bank. Other payments still pending via bill pay went through OK. Passwords all checked out. It's a mystery when this "phantom" payment still shows up.

Peter
  • Darnedifino
    Darnedifino Member ✭✭
    Francisco's referral to the instructions for deleting a stubborn repeating online payment worked! Thanks to both of you.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Darnedifino

Awesome to hear you were able to get to get the payment deleted! If you do run into any other issues please let us know!

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.