Budget Rollover Included in Budget Report

Joseph Hanna
Joseph Hanna Member ✭✭✭✭
When will Quicken fix this problem.  There is no budget report that includes the rollover amounts.  I want to see how we are doing with our budget during the month not just at the end of the month. Exporting the report to EXCEL and manually inserting the rollover amounts and creating formulas to sum the amounts is too time consuming and should not be necessary.

The budget report is useless without including rollover amounts.

I have been posting about this for the past 5 years and still no action from Quicken.
Tagged:

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    what do you mean by 'rollover' amounts?
  • Joseph Hanna
    Joseph Hanna Member ✭✭✭✭
    A rollover is a budgeted amount you don't spend one month and add to the next month.  For instance, you budget $100 for clothing each month. In January you spend $50  leaving $50 unspent.  That $50 unspent gets added to February's $100 for a total to spend in February of $150.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can print or export the data on the Planning > Budgets page by picking Annual View and doing a File > Print budgets or Ctrl-P while viewing that page. If you are mainly interested in the balances, you might want to select the Balance Only option at the top. The balances in this view include any rollover amounts.

Is this what you are looking for?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Joseph Hanna
    Joseph Hanna Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jim.  What I'm looking for is the budget report to have the following columns:
    (1) Category;
    (2) Prior Month Rollover;
    (3) Current Month Budget;
    (4) Total Budget for Current Month (2 plus 3);
    (5) Actual;
    (6) Difference; and
    (7) Rollover to Next Month (4 minus 5 for categories designated as rollovers).

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really need all that you should select Details and export to Excel to add some extra columns.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.