Trying to link COMED to e-bill and getting unexpected error

I had to relink COMED bill for billing but keep getting unexpected error. All other billers seem to be fine.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @GIWalt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

I just need some additional information to better assist you. Could you please provide which version of Quicken you are running? 
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Also, does the error you receive come with any specific error message that you can provide us with, please?

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you Anja. Quicken 10.13.6. Error message for Comed is "An Unexpected Error has Occurred." There is a link to try again. Otherwise, at the end it says "Try Again Tomorrow." As background, had sync error over the weekend. Ultimately reset Cloud and a handful of billers needed to be relinked. All without incident (although Chase took a day to link). Only Comed won't link. This started yesterday (Sunday). Comed had been working fine before this.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for providing additional information.

Have you tried removing the bill entirely and re-adding/linking it?

-Quicken Anja

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Not entirely sure how to delete. I went to all payees, highlighted Comed and clicked on delete. It checked the "hidden" box but did not really delete the biller entirely. After doing this I did try again but same result.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    FYI, I know my name and password are right as I can login into the ComEd website with no issues. As more background, when I enter the name and password to link the ebill, the screen says "Getting eBill Provider Login Information. Logging into the eBiller." After a minute or so I get the unexpected error try again message. For other billers, after a while it says successfully logged in and getting ebill. This does not get that far.
  • Quicken Anja
    Please, follow the steps below to unlink (remove) the online bill.
    1. Go to the Bills & Income tab
    2. Click on the 3 dots at the end of the bill
    3. Select Unlink eBill                                                                                      
    Once it's unlinked, you can go back to the 3 dots to relink it.

Let me know if that helps any or if you have already tried this.

-Quicken Anja

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Tried this several times. Once its "unlinked" the option to unlink is no longer available. Tried relinking many times and got the same unexpected error each time.
  • Quicken Anja
    In that case, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support instead. Our support agents will need to check your online bills account internally to see if there are any errors encountered directly from within the servers which may require an escalation or assistance from our Tier 2 team.

-Quicken Anja

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Did that too. Was told wait a few days. I posted because I was hoping others may have had same issue or solution.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited August 2020
    In that case then, go ahead and wait a couple of days (at least 48 hours) as advised by support. If the issue still continues, feel free to either contact support again and/or check back here and let me know and I'll be happy to look further into this!

-Quicken Anja

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Comed relinked this PM.
  • Perfect! Thank you for the update and glad to hear it's working again. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.