How do I print the payment status from my quicken software

I need to show proof of payment in order to be reimbursed for medical expenses. How do I print the payment status showing in my Quicken software so I can email it to my company.

Answers

• Hello @ forest1946

Thank you for posting in the Community today. There are a few ways to print transactions recorded in your register. Click on the gear icon above the search bar on the top right of the register. From the drop-down menu choose PRINT TRANSACTIONS.

Another option is to create a report. Reports > Spending > Itemized Payees. 

From there, click on the gear icon at the top right and you’ll be able to customize the report to only show the specific transactions that are required.

Let us know if this provided what you need.

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Did your employer tell you that a Quicken report would constitute payment proof?  I rather doubt that they will accept that.  I don't know of anyone that accepts a Quicken report as proof of anything because data is Quicken is so easily manually manipulated.  They usually require something more substantial than that, like a copy of the actual payment receipt (emailed receipt is OK) or an itemized statement from the seller/provider showing what it was that was purchased , the amount and date of the purchase and the amount and date of how much was paid (just like what the IRS requires for tax returns if/when we are audited).  A copy of an actual bank statement or of the front and back of a posted check along with the seller/provider invoice or statement might also suffice.  You might want to reconfirm with your employer what the acceptable proof of payment methods are.
    That being said, Quicken provides several different reports that can be customized to show only cleared and/or reconciled reports.  One report that I frequently use is the Itemized Categories report.  Pull up the report and customize it in the customization popup (the Gear icon at the top right of the report) to show what you want to see (or not see) in the final report.
    Another place you can check is Tools > Online Payees > select the Payee in question > click on Report.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• forest1946
    forest1946 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your quick response. What I was thinking would be acceptable to my company is the information provided in the box that pops up when you click for the payment status on the individual transaction. It provides all the info the old bill pay provided and that was aceptable to my company .
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Thanks for your quick response. What I was thinking would be acceptable to my company is the information provided in the box that pops up when you click for the payment status on the individual transaction. It provides all the info the old bill pay provided and that was aceptable to my company .
    Well if that old Bill Pay data was acceptable to your employer then perhaps the new Bill Manager data will be acceptable to them, too.  It certainly can't hurt to try submitting it and see what they say. 
    I didn't use Quicken Bill Pay service and I don't plan on using their Bill Manager service (I use Direct Connect bill pay with my bank) so, unfortunately, I can't really provide any insight as to how to get that information to print out.  Maybe you do just do print screens or print out snapshots of what you want to provide them?  Hopefully someone who knows something about Bill Manager will post here and be able to assist you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)