Loan payment reminder

Options
The loan payment reminder screen has not changed with the new Bill Manager. I am setting up my loan payments again now that my recurring online payments will not longer be sent.

My question is do I still check the box for "Use Online Bill Pay?" Why is it even there still?

I think I'm supposed to set up a regular reminder then link it to the bill in Bills & Income.

Thanks.

Quicken Premier Home 2020 R28.24 Build 27.1.28.24
Windows 10 Home v1909 build 18363.1016

Best Answer

Answers

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    When I try to link my lender to an existing reminder there is only one reminder listed. I have several reminders.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @ Michael Rosen

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not eceived a response.

I am currently using Quicken Bill Manager, when I edit a loan payment,  I do not have the option to "Use Online Bill Pay."

May I ask that you navigate to the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to the account that pays this loan, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used also is 

If you do find that 
    Direct Connect Bill Pay is enabled, that would be what the "Use Online Bill Pay" option is referring to.

In regards to your second question, by lender do you mean another loan or a lending loan?

Is possible that what you are looking to link is already selected to link to another reminder?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My checking account's connection method is Express Web Connect+.

By lender I am talking about the payee. I have an auto loan with Chase and I added the Chase online bill. I used to be able to link a bill with a reminder and automate the payments. I can't do that now.

I used to have the auto loan as a repeating online payment so it was not linked to a bill previously.

This new service seems half baked and was not ready to roll out.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Michael Rosen

Thank you for the response and additional details.

At this time, repeating payments are not available for Quicken Bill Manager, but they are planned.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877201/need-ability-to-pay-fixed-or-repeating-payments-on-quicken-bill-manager#latest

I do not have an ETA to be able to provide, I apologize.

In the meantime, you will need to follow the steps available here to make payments.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.