Home & Business 2020 (Mac)

JoshA
JoshA Member
Can I convert Quicken Home & Business 2020 for Mac to the PC version Home Business & Rental Property?

Best Answers

Answers

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no Quicken Home & Business 2020 for Mac. The versions for Mac are Starter, Deluxe and Premier.

The conversion from Mac to Win works only for non-investment accounts, Investment accounts can not be converted,
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• JoshA
    JoshA Member
    I guess I'm confused, because when I pull up my Quicken version I get Home & Business 2020 (see screenshot attached). I can export from my mac as .Qmtf, .Qxf or convert to .CSV File. On my PC it will only import .Qdf, .Qdb, .Qdt or .Qdf-Backup files...
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @JoshA

You have a "Home and Business" subscription.  That is what it is showing.

You can think of the different levels of the subscription as unlocking different levels of features in Quicken, but only for the features that "Quicken program" has.

So you can consider the Windows version to have 4 levels.  Starter, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business & Rental Property.  And each level includes all of the features of the ones below it.

But Quicken Mac only has Starter, Deluxe, Premier.  So even though you have "level 4" there are only 3 levels to unlock.

What's more even though there is an effort to try to make the Mac version have feature parity with the Windows version that isn't currently the case at all.

Quicken Mac Deluxe is getting pretty close to Quicken Windows Deluxe these days, but is still lacking several basic features.  I'm not sure how close the Starter editions are, but I think they might be very close.  For the Premier edition, well calling the Mac version Premier is really a misnomer.  About the only thing it has is that it includes the "free" Quicken Bill Manager payments per month.  It doesn't have any of the other Quicken Windows Premier features.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.