Report Interval Option: Day (1 Merged Vote)

user99029
user99029 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports
Any plans to include "Day" on the Interval drop-down for reports?

The "Date range" has options for "Daily", "Last 7 Days" and the like, but the most granular interval is "Week".
26 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Please see this Idea about adding more date intervals for Scheduled Reminders.

Vote on Ideas

Ideas are brought to the attention of the programmers for consideration.

If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the tiny "Up" triangle under the voting count. Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.

Every vote counts!

• tjspjs
    tjspjs Member
    Please add better interval options, the reporting is quite pathetic.
  • dave hulett
    dave hulett Member ✭✭✭
    with recent market volitility I would really like to see a daily option to show investment changes daily. perhaps only allowing a 30 day window.
  • pblair
    pblair Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hello all,
    I am trying to create a report by investment account that shows the historical daily market value on a daily basis. The only way I have found to do this is to change the "As of" date one day at a time and then enter the $'s amounts into a spreadsheet. I have tied customizing a number of existing reports but cannot get it to show the information on a daily basis. Anyone have any ideas on how this could be achieved? Thanks in advance to anyone who may have a solution.
    Best regards,
    P

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @pblair

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question although I apologize that you have not received a response.

After going through all the available reports, I was unable to locate a way to show the daily market value. I have gone ahead and changed this post to an Idea so that others may vote to add this feature to Quicken.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only report and graph I can think of is the Portfolio Value and Cost Basis report. It can be set to show graph lines and report columns by Interval, with the shortest interval possible being Week.
    Over the years, there have been several discussions about "daily interval", e.g.,
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/17281300#Comment_17281300
    but to date, this has not been acted upon by the programmers. Hopefully, this will help get the ball rolling.

• heffelda
    heffelda Member ✭✭
    Daily market value by investment would be great for doing Excel analysis of my portfolio. Currently, I have to go to each account overview and enter every date I want the values of the securities in the account to get their values and then enter them manually in Excel.
    Quicken already has a graph for each security showing the market value over time, but, if you click on the report for the graph, you give everything BUT the market value!? C'mon this is a simple fix that the user base has been asking for for years.
    Every time I see this discussion, Quicken reps want to ask questions about why we want this information, who cares? We want it and you already do the calculation to display things in the app! Just make the values available to us in a report we can export to Excel.
  • gaheld57
    gaheld57 Member ✭✭
    Investment performance reports which provide portfolio returns but not portfolio volatility are of little use in evaluating the portfolio. Ideally I would like quicken investment performance reports to show the rolling Sharpe ratio of the portfolio, where I can specify the rolling window length and sampling interval. As this is probably too much to ask, it would be nice to be able to generate investment performance reports which could be subtotaled by week or day, instead of month. I could then download daily or weekly returns to excel and carry out Sharpe ratio calculations myself.
  • jrbrett
    jrbrett Member ✭✭
    The request to be able to report daily Market Value has been out there for years. YEARS! You can show it in the UI. Please, please, let us report on it. It is table stakes for investment management! Merging this into an "idea" about better date granularity is crap. You just have a new way to hand-wave that you have no intention of doing anything as obvious as providing daily valuations.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    @jrbrett
    [edited]
    The Day interval option has been available for some reports for about 6 months.

Please try
    Reports > Net Worth & balances> Net Worth
    select date range, 250 or so days max.
    Interval = Day
    Click the gear to customize and check the Account detail box if you want to see the individual securities
    Customize further to select the desired accounts and securities.

Or the same settings with the Investing > Portfolio Value and Cost Basis report 

Does one of these meet your needs? 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • jrbrett
    jrbrett Member ✭✭
    That worked!!!! Was that in the release notes? :) <3