Why Payee is not viewable for multiple accounts (no distinguishing markers to identify)?

Question, Category would only allow me to select "The Water Cooler". Having a difficult time using Bill & Income section. 1 Payee attached to multiple accounts, the pay is only visible for the first account set up. Yet the remaining accounts don't show the payee logo and there are no distinguishing markers or the difference in the accounts. How can I rectify this even it adding a column to the Bill & Income task bar for notes? :#

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @The Big Apple

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I believe it would be best contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so. They have extra tools available with billers to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like your question was moved to Paying Bills (Windows).  Can you confirm what Quicken Platform and version you are using (Help, About Quicken)?  You will likely need to provide some additional information since it is not clear whether you are referring to a Quick Pay or Check Pay Payee (online or manual) and also whether is is related to a Bill or Reminder in the B&I tab.  If you can save a screen shot to the tab, you should be able to drag the image into the reply box to show us what you see.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• Let's try this again...

Category: Paying Bills, eBills & Scheduled Transactions (MAC)
    Category would only allow me to select "The Water Cooler".

Quicken Deluxe for MAC
    Version 5.17.6 (Build 517.34958.100)
    OS X 10.11.6

Question 01: Having a difficult time using Bill & Income section. 1 Payee attached to multiple accounts, the pay is only visible for the first account set up. Yet the remaining accounts don't show the payee logo and there are no distinguishing markers or the difference in the accounts. How can I rectify this even it adding a column to the Bill & Income task bar for notes? :#

Question 02: The only two categories that I can select are:
    1. Questions about using the community?
    2. The Water Cooler

Everything else is grayed out.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2020
    Hello @DJMachOne,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I assume the payee you are referring to is an eBill you set up? What is the name of the financial institution/service provider?

As for the category selection-- please check your email to see if you received a message to confirm the email address you used to create your account here on the Community. If the email has not yet been confirmed, this may be the reason why your category selection is limited.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• The Big Apple
    The Big Apple Windows Beta Beta
    I am trying out Quicken Mac after converting from Quicken Windows and I think I am running into a similar issue. I have FIVE credit cards with the same credit card company (Chase). The payee that I use for all five of these accounts is "JPMorgan Chase". Activating the first account shows up fine.

When you go to activate a second account (eBill > Available Accounts), you will see the first account that says "-> already added as JPMorgan Chase". If you select another account in that window and select the existing JPMorgan Chase payee under (link ebill to payee), the payee is blank. Further, when you go back to activate an account, it pretends that second account was never added.

It seems that Quicken Mac does not like having multiple bills (e.g. five credit card bills) use the same payee - is that right? This seems to be a pretty significant limitation in Quicken Mac.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @The Big Apple

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I believe it would be best contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so. They have extra tools available with billers to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.