CC-511 errors - Express Web Connect

barbfilk
barbfilk Member ✭✭
Good evening

I started having intermittent CC-511 errors about a week before the latest upgrade. But resetting the accounts worked.

Then this week every EWC account failed. And looked at the community -- this previous post to the community under a different thread. fits my situation perfectly.

" Suddenly, every EWC account is a CC-511.

Creating a new Q file does allow a couple of test accounts to complete updates, no problem, so I guess it's something about my main file.

I've copied the file using "File Operations" and have run validation & Super validation. No effect.

I deactivated an account and now cannot reconnect at all."

I also made the mistake of contacting chat this AM. I suspect I will need to call on Tuesday but could send logs over if someone is around over the weekend!

Thanks in advance

[edited - removed personal info]

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC-5XX errors that affect multiple accounts indicates the problem might be something on the aggregator server that needs to be reset.  This is not something we can do ourselves.  It requires someone from Quicken Support to do it.  You might want to read the Support article: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-511-you-have-encountered-temporary-system-issue-or-its.
    The Quicken Team has recommended to not perform any Reset Accounts or Deactivates/Reactivates prior to the aggregator server being reset.  Doing so in some cases may result in non-recoverable data errors.  Quicken Support can complete the server reset fairly quickly.
    Quicken Support by phone is closed until Tuesday.  Quicken Support by Chat might be open on Sunday but I'm not sure about Monday.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• barbfilk
    barbfilk Member ✭✭
    Ha! Chat already had me deactivate all the accounts -- this is going to need phone support -- which I have. Not sure what is meant by "non-recoverable" data errors -- but those I can deal with as opposed to rebuilding the whole file.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Yes, I was never told what the scope of "non-recoverable" means but when I hear that along with "data errors" it tells me that it means the data file could become corrupted and not recoverable and that raises all kinds of flags with me.  I might be mistaken about that but that is my impression.
    BTW, I've seen some people post that the Chat and Phone Support people aren't always familiar with this issue and how to correct for it so they'll run you through all the typical troubleshooting steps.  If they do this, be sure to reference the link I'd provided and keep insisting that the guidance from the Quicken Moderators (Quicken employees who monitor and post in this Community) have consistently said that your type of situation often requires something to be reset on the aggregator's server.  If they continue to give you the run around let us know and we'll see if we can get a Moderator to intervene.

• Boatnmaniac
    This reset for CC-5XX errors should not be a 3+ days to resolve issue.  I've flagged your post to the Moderators who can perhaps be able to provide you with some assistance on this matter.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited September 2020
    (Deleted.  Post was redundant.)

• barbfilk
    barbfilk Member ✭✭
    Same thing -- contacted support. Worked quite a while and then escalated issue -- no ticket number provided. No estimate on time frame, only I will be contacted by email when resolved.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @barbfilk

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look to see your recent tickets and did notice a ticket but didn't have any mention of collecting logs or escalating inside of the ticket. Generally 511's are not something that need to escalated but something that one of our agents need to change within our side. 

If you have another chance here soon could you contact Quicken Support via phone and let them know you're getting CC-511 errors. They should collect your logs and work on getting it resolved within the length of that call. If they do try troubleshooting refer them to the 511 article here. You can also refer them to my community post as well.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-511-you-have-encountered-temporary-system-issue-or-its

Once you have a chance to give us a call and let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Hollyd0633

Thank you for the response although I apologize that you are still experiencing this trouble.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

if the trouble persists, after completing these steps and after waiting for 24 hours, please contact support once more as an escalation may be required to correct this issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.