Unable to establish Citi as an Online Biller

Comments

• kathylair
    kathylair Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    [Removed-Duplicate]
  • Thanks DH100. Did the problem for you start at the beginning of September as well?
  • Terry
    Terry Member ✭✭✭
    I'm having problems syncing bills with citi. It's been going on for almost 2 weeks.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Just reporting that my Citi Costco card went into the Needs Attention mode a couple days ago.  I decided to go ahead and delete it as an online biller this morning.  Based on my experience with other billers discussed above, I don't expect to be able to Quick Pay Citi for quite a while (I've been using my bank billpay anyway).
    For what it's worth, I am now down to only 4 of my 7 major credit card billers that will work with Quick Pay.  I can understand that smaller companies with limited online presence may not work with Quick Pay but I have to really question the claim that over 11,000 billers work with Bill Manager/

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• dmccombs
    dmccombs Member ✭✭
    I had to finally give up on the Quick Pay going through for my Citi Costco card. I used my bank's pay system and got the payment there just in time, no thanks to quicken.

A lot of the reason I use quicken is the bill pay, but if this new quick pay continues to be a problem, I will shift every thing to my bank's pay system, and go without Quicken. I can't afford to have late payments because quicken has implemented a flaky payment system.
  • Mark&Kristine Thompson
    Mark&Kristine Thompson Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I'm having the same problem with two different citi credit cards. I worked with technical support for over an hour earlier this week but nothing worked. They then said it's a systemic problem with Citi and to wait 72 hours. If it is indeed a system wide problem with citi credit cards, why is there no alert about this on the quicken community page? As others have noted, my earlier quickpay payments to these citicard accounts worked fine, then in September a scheduled payment failed, and from then on Bill Manager just indicates that the new bills for both of my citicards are not yet available which is not correct. I can see the bills on citicards website. [Removed-Inaccurate/Specualtion] I have tried the usual stuff--deleted and re-added the biller, validated quicken data file--but nothing works.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you are having trouble with the Citi biller.

I have taken a look at the "Health" of this biller and it is showing as "Degraded" and is currently experiencing connectivity issues.

I do not have an ETA to offer of when Citi be available again, I would suggest waiting 48 hours before attempting to update once more to see if the situation has improved.

Also, if you have not done so already, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Three days in a row, I've set up a Quick Pay to Citi cards and received the following response the next day: "Quicken was unable to process your payment because the Citi website is experiencing an outage. Your payment has been canceled. Please retry your payment later." I finally had to call Citi and process with them directly.

Cit representative claims their website has not been down.

Call to Quicken Customer Service call did not resolve the problem.
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Update: I chatted with Quicken chat support again, and they reiterated that the problem is on Citi's side. I chatted with Citi support, and they say it is a Quicken problem.

Update: I called 650-250-1900 and discussed the problem with the support person. They advised me that yes, indeed, Quicken and Citi are having an issue. He estimated it will be resolved in a day or two from today (9/11/2020).

Tip: I was having difficulty with online bill connections. Xfinity, Netflix, and New York Times were randomly being promoted to Needs Attention state. I was getting flustered because after removing the biller, say Xfinity, I could not reestablish Xfinity as an online bill.

The phone support person suggested to me that I sign out of Quicken and sign back in through the sign in as a different user path. He told me that this refreshes the connections. This action immediately reestablished the troubling accounts. The billers synced almost immediately.

Quicken Premier R54.16 Windows 10 Pro USA

• Same issue. Had worked with Bill Manager until the last payment, which failed. Now the statement won't update and it doesn't allow me to schedule a payment.
  • dianek
    dianek Member ✭✭
    Still not working for me. Keeps telling me bill is not available yet. But it is....
  • dianek
    dianek Member ✭✭
    Just tried to delete the citi account from the online payee list and start over. It won't delete..very frustrated. I don't trust this anymore.
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Citi Bank Download not working.
  • cngz
    cngz Member
    I am also having this issue.
  • Same problem with two Citibank credit cards. Bill Manager says bill not yet available, but it is available. I worked with tech support on this for over an hour earlier this week, but nothing worked. Be prepared for this discussion to be deleted. Two previous discussions on this issue have been deleted with no explanation.
  • Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    Today I find the same Citi biller issue that I encountered and resolved in April at the top of this thread, but what fixed it in April no longer works. I get transactions downloaded but no biller information comes down. I tried the same resolution as before, tried to authorize Desktop Apps from within the Citi website and then refresh the biller but that no longer works. There is a bill out there and has been for a week, I have refreshed and manually refreshed this biller but still no bill information is retrieved.

I manually scheduled it on their site because my Citi payment long scheduled to be paid last week failed with a "login" error. Going to their site using the same login and payment account worked and saved me from a late payment last week. I have zero confidence in Quicken working with Citi at this point.

Quicken, are you aware of the problems with Citi Costco accounts and payments? Are you aware that Quicken isn't retrieving billing information from Citi? Are you aware that scheduled City payments are not going through? If so, is there a problem case open on that which is being worked?
  • rxyquicka
    rxyquicka Member ✭✭
    Sunday 2020/09/13 @ 19:13 PDT

Quicken Premier, Year: 2020, Version R28.28

I am trying to use Quicken Premier's Quicken Bill Manager to pay my bills. I am trying to pay my Citi bill using Quicken but Quicken will not allow me.

The Bill Manager shows the Citi icon, which makes it an affirmative link from my computer to my Online Biller's system.

My bill is due in two days, on Tuesday 2020/09/15.

Today, I contacted Quicken support via Chat. I contacted Citi support because Quicken support told me to do that.

Quicken support wrote, "We’re working on linking Citi."

I contacted Citi and they showed me how to grant Quicken access to my Citi account, which I did.

Login to Citi. Click Profile button on upper right corner. On the menu that appears, click on the More Settings item, which displays the https://online.citi.com/US/ag/servicing/index?pageName=Settings web page. In the Security section, press on the Manage Desktop Apps link. On the web page that appears, press the "Add Access" button....

My Quicken's Bill page shows this:

"Biller Current Bill
    Quicken Awaiting next bill

Exclamation point icon. Your bill has been successfully added, but your next amount due is not yet available from your biller. You should get the latest due date and amount when your bill is available. _Try Again._"

During the 10-minute time that Citi granted access to Quicken, after I clicked on "Refresh bill" or "Try Again" for Citi, Quicken displays the following.

"Update Biller" dialog box that says,

"Bill added. Waiting for latest update.

Your bill has been successfully added, but your next amount due is not yet available from your biller. You should get the latest due date and amount when your bill is available."

Please make the latest due date and the next amount due available for my Quicken Bill Manager's Citi account.

• rxyquicka
    rxyquicka Member ✭✭
    Sunday 2020/09/13 @ 19:26 PDT

Why is this thread in "Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)" instead of "Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)"?

• I'm having the same problem as others using Quick Pay to pay by Citi credit card balance. My payment instruction did not process because of the "Citi outage." So it did not process and Citi deemed it late so they charged a late fee. Very frustrating because I had no idea it did not process because Quick Pay indicated I had scheduled it properly. How can I learn with the issue with Citi/Quicken has been resolved?
  • Is anyone at Quicken actually working with Citicards to try to resolve this problem which is obviously very widespread. If so, how about an update? If not, why not?
  • DH100
    DH100 Member ✭✭
    Same problem with Citi Costco. Waiting for bill, can not schedule a payment, only same day. Last month was able to schedule the bill 16 days ahead. No problem then.
  • Tech support told me last week to wait 72 hours and try to refresh citicard bills again. It has been longer than that, and the bills still say next bill not available which is false. Why is there complete radio silence from Quicken on this issue? Are they working with Citibank to resolve this, or have they just given up?
  • Quick4years
    Quick4years Member ✭✭
    Quicken needs to take ownership for this issue. Regardless of whether the bug is on the Citi side or Quicken side, we pay for Quicken to provide a reliable service. They should drive this issue to closure.

Given that the service is new, I really doubt that the problem is on Citi's side. Furthermore, I wonder how many pissed off Quicken customers are being created by having their bill payments fail to a major bank like Citi.
  • dianek
    dianek Member ✭✭
    I totally agree with the above comment. Citi is a major bank and this is unacceptable.
  • jerry_in_katy
    jerry_in_katy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    My Citi Bank Quick Pay payment scheduled for 9/14/20 was rejected. Reason given: Citi Bank website down. Attempted resend with Quick Pay today 9/15/20 and again payment was rejected for same reason. All the time I was signing into my Citi account on both days.

My Citi account is setup for Direct Connect and my account transactions download. My Citi eBills are not updating in Quicken.
  • My Citi Bank Quick Pay payment scheduled for 9/14/20 was rejected. Reason given: Citi Bank website down. Attempted resend with Quick Pay today 9/15/20 and again payment was rejected for same reason. All the time I was signing into my Citi account on both days.

My Citi account is setup for Direct Connect and my account transactions download. My Citi eBills are not updating in Quicken.
  • Quick4years
    Quick4years Member ✭✭
    My suspicion is that this issue will not get resolved until we all go to Quicken support and insist on getting them to move off of their butts.
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Citi Bank Download not working.
  • Quick4years
    Quick4years Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka : Can you please provide an update to this forum? It's been several days and I'd like to get some confidence that this issue is being worked.
  • Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Phone support was grateful to open a case, and asked that from within the Quicken product to also go to Help\Report a Problem (as was mentioned above). Best I can tell they need to demonstrate the impact to users to another level and to do that effectively they need an actual problem case. Best I can tell, reporting the issues here doesn't carry the same weight.
This discussion has been closed.