Can't sign in. Or out.

Switched my existing hard drive to a new machine and it's telling me to sign in (I am signed in on the Quicken website, account good to March 2021) but there is no place to do so.

There's also no place to sign out...

Version 5.17.6 (Build 517.34958.100)
OS X 10.11.6

Help => My Quicken Account says "You are not a member."

Answers

• PS:
    I"m presented with a screen which says:

Welcome to Quicken
    What is Quicken ID?

The Quicken ID is used to access all Quicken applications, Quicken Mobile and Quicken.com.
    Installing Quicken on another computer?

Sign in with the same Quicken ID and password you used to sign in to your first computer.

In the lower left corner there's a "Start Over" button which does not appear to do anything.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    billc108 said:
    There's also no place to sign out...
    On the Quicken menu:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • It's greyed out.

Turns out that sometime between April and now they changed the OS requirements for Quicken, now requiring a minimum of OS 10.13. I'm currently stuck on 10.11 as shown in my original post, due to another piece of software which can't move forward (I am transitioning to new software on that one, but it's going to take until next June or so).

I found a roundabout solution - installing Quicken on an external hard drive and upgrading it to 10.13 or 10.14, booting off of it solely for Quicken, then switching back to the 10.11 for my other work. When I'm able to upgrade the older OS next year I'll transfer the Quicken data file over.

It's annoying, but I'll make it work.
  • jacobs
    billc108 said:
    Turns out that sometime between April and now they changed the OS requirements for Quicken, now requiring a minimum of OS 10.13. I'm currently stuck on 10.11 as shown in my original post,
    Nope, not true. Quicken Mac 5.17 still supports macOS back to El Capitan (10.11) 

The product manager has said that upcoming 5.18 release will be the last version of Quicken Mac that will run on macOS El Capitan (10.11) and macOS Sierra (10.12). Users who are on one of those operating systems will be prevented from downloading newer releases of the software.

So you should be able to run the current Quicken 5.17.6 and the next major release on your El Capitan computer.

• I'm just going by what Customer Support told me, and my experience. I wish what you say was true.

Q 5.17 is definitely not working on my Mac 10.11 machine. It *is* working on my wife's 10.13 machine.

Perhaps it's also a function of the age of my machine, which is getting a bit long in the tooth and won't run Catalina.
  • jacobs
    @billc108  From Quicken's official release notes for the latest releases of Quicken  Mac:

(I would trust this statement from the development team over what a support agent might have told you.)
This discussion has been closed.