Add true multi-currency support in Quicken for Web (11 Legacy Votes)

smayer97
smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Please add the ability to record foreign currency exchange rates in Quicken Web to be used for conversions, with the following functionality:

- display currencies based on the actual currency in account register in Quicken desktop
- ability to either manually enter or download currency exchange rates to track conversion rates
- ability to apply exchange rates for transfers between accounts in different currencies
- ability to apply exchange rates on reports using accounts in different currencies
- ability to apply exchange rates on investments, to track values in local currency as well as original currency

- in short, support and perform currency conversion wherever data deals with multiple currencies

If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click the "VOTE" triangle below, in the yellow(-ish) box to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted! Your VOTE matters!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread. 

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

90 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review 29 Oct 19 - CMP-7258

Comments

• Woody21
    Woody21 Member ✭✭
    Agreed.  Please add currency exchange reporting functionality. Users need to be able to report on currency exchange impact to investment portfolio
  • TC2000
    TC2000 Member ✭✭
    I can't the "VOTE" to click
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Method to vote has changed since moving to this new forum since Jan 2019. Click the little grey triangle just below the vote count to add your vote (it may take a moment to register). If the triangle is solid black, then your vote has already been counted.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• twoaussie
    twoaussie Member ✭✭
    This is a major need for all your customer outside the US. Please deliver it in the next release please.
  • dukeofearl.p
    dukeofearl.p Member ✭✭
    Same issue in Australia, no support, very disappointing
  • AF28
    AF28 Member ✭✭
    This is THE major need for all your customer outside the US. The ability to sync accounts of other currencies than USD on quicken for web will be a big positive change; and probably will open market for a lot of people who wants to use quicken and don´t use because of this feature missing.

Hope you guys really consider this upgrade in the sooner new release.
  • hushpuppy
    hushpuppy Member ✭✭
    Really needed by American citizens living abroad... I live in the NL have both U.S. and EU accounts. For my Euro accounts I have to manually enter numerous (non- recurring) transactions every month. PLEASE offer what other apps do for all country accounts.
  • I've migrated from PC to MAC years ago, but I have to run a Windows emulator on my MAC just for Quicken. Multiple currency support for MAC doesn't look it will ever happen. I am looking around to replace Quicken.
  • jaser58
    jaser58 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi, I just migrated to Mac and I'm very happy. I just wanted to see if you could add to the descktop version for Mac, reports CONSOLIDATED in the same currency, like in Windows. I ron 3 deferents currencies and I have to make three reports of my incomes and expenses and then consolidate them in one.

Thanks! :)

Javier
  • carljh
    carljh Member ✭✭
    Really important feature for the many overseas users of Quicken. Unable to use Quicken on the Web at the moment.
  • dbp70
    dbp70 Member ✭✭
    Consolidated reports across multiple currencies into one currency PLEASE!!

In today's world of users holding bank accounts, property, and investments in multiple currencies this is becoming a necessity
  • This is the major reason why I still haven't upgrade the version.
  • dbenello
    dbenello Member
    Highest priority!
  • scoppen
    scoppen Member ✭✭
    Multicurrency support for Quicken on the Web is the one glaring missing feature from an otherwise excellent product.
  • altuganac
    altuganac Member
    Agreed, this is one of the biggest disappointments of Quicken. Not sure how they are planning to compete with other vendors. I think Quicken only makes plan to remain a simple system of record and not an innovative solution
  • Dave Van Rooy
    Dave Van Rooy Member ✭✭
    As part of this, support for entering/using values > 99,999,999 is greatly needed, in countries like Indonesia (100,000,000 Rph is about US$70,000), Vietnam, and several others. Right now, we have to do things like create "overflow" accounts, or use some pseudo-currencies.
  • hushpuppy
    hushpuppy Member ✭✭
    Have used Quicken since the 1980’s under DOS. Still waiting for full multi currency feature equal to USD feature. Other apps, even for iOS and Android can do it so Quicken should be able to do it!
  • twoaussie
    twoaussie Member ✭✭
    A sore disappointment that with the latest upgrade to 6.3 this feature did not arrive. I understand it is a major change in the underlying code, so expected to have to wait, but three + years is a long time to be patient. Quicken should come and state it is not ever going to happen if this is their decision and we ex-US/Canada users could decide where we migrate to away from Quicken.
  • jfuchs
    jfuchs Member ✭✭
    I am not able to click "vote". Yes, I too want full multi-currency support and mobile syncronization.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jfuchs said:
    I am not able to click "vote". Yes, I too want full multi-currency support and mobile syncronization.
    Locate the big yellow(-ish) box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the tiny "Up" triangle under the voting count.

• R21611
    R21611 Member
    edited February 24

Agree completely. [Removed - Speculation] It’s been high on the features requested list for many years now. Quicken please prioritize this.

• scoppen
    scoppen Member ✭✭
    edited February 24

>

@R21611

said:
    > Agree completely. [Removed - Speculation] It’s been high on the features requested list for many years now. Quicken please prioritize this.

I second that

• Please include this enhancement in a next release; it is very important for people outside US and Canada. This also leads me to a question: If you are in the USA but have accounts in other currencies, you are not having full visibility of your accounts either, right? So, for them, I guess this would also be a good enhancement.
    It is a top priority for me.
    Thank you!
  • Michel Farah
    Michel Farah Member ✭✭
    edited February 24

> @scoppen said:
    > > @R21611 said:
    > > Agree completely. [Removed - Speculation] It’s been high on the features requested list for many years now. Quicken please prioritize this.
    >
    > I second that

Agree, I stopped my subscription until they release this feature. It has become ridiculous to wait for so long for a basic feature. This makes the mobile and web apps totally unusable for me as they ignore all my non-US accounts and their related transactions.

• revdocaj
    revdocaj Member ✭✭
    Any updates on this? It seems that this has been a desired feature for some time. One would have thought that the software team might have been able to tackle this by now?
  • Dave Van Rooy
    Dave Van Rooy Member ✭✭
    > @Dave Van Rooy said:
    > As part of this, support for entering/using values > 99,999,999 is greatly needed, in countries like Indonesia (100,000,000 Rph is about US$70,000), Vietnam, and several others. Right now, we have to do things like create "overflow" accounts, or use some pseudo-currencies.

Oops, it's actually less than US $7,000, not US$70,000! So very bad for just about eveyone who has such currencies in their Quicken.
  • GregVan
    GregVan Member

100%… for such a product to be around for so long… and this seemingly a simple feature to add, it's so strange that they haven't implemented it.

• Zoolook
    Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta

Is this still under consideration? +1

• insomniac
    insomniac Member

I need this too!

• globalnomad
    globalnomad Member

desperately needed feature