Bank of America - Duplicate Entries for recurring payment

Options
I have been noticing with the last few releases, that one of my recurring bills is showing up as a duplicate. Usually, I can match it with the correct one and it will select it. But now I am seeing two entries in the register. I tried deleting the extra one and it will delete all entries and cancel it on the bank of America. The one I want to keep has the split.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello @xpmurph48

Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

If you have not already, I suggest taking a look at the steps available here and here to see if they help to resolve this matter for you.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • xpmurph48
    xpmurph48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Version - R29.9, Build 27.1.29.9
  • xpmurph48
    xpmurph48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tyka, I have other repeating bills and I am not having the same problem.

Here are the steps that I have seen in reproducing this issue:

1. Go to bills, enter well fargo bill before the online bill is available from bill pay on bank of america
    2. Once the bill comes available from BOA, then match it with the one in the registrar.

Expected result: It matches my transaction already in the registrar.

Actual result: instead of matching it, it creates a secondary transaction for the bill.

I have tried deleting it, but then what happens is that it sends back to BOA the deleted recurring payments and I almost miss a bill because it was canceled. I have to setup the recurring payment on BOA again. Then I try and match and it does the same thing. I have tried multiple times. I have had this setup for years with no problems. It is only recently in the last few releases that I am seeing this problem.

Thanks,

Kim
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @xpmurph48

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I am still unable to isolate what could be causing this problem.

May I ask that you please capture a screenshot of this duplicate that you are seeing? 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • xpmurph48
    xpmurph48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here are some screenshots of what is happening and it is reproducible

Before adding the autopay payment but you see Wells Fargo Bank NA only in the register once for 10/2/2020 - file - Quicken1.jpg

Then from bank of america, i set up the autopay payment - file - Quicken2 and Quicken3.jpg

I update the Main Checking from Action Menu -> Update Now. It downloads the new transactions. Quicken4.jpg

I then match the transaction with the 10/2 transaction in the register. Quicken5.jpg

Now I see the duplicates in the register. You will notice another WellsFargo in the register and it is also an autopay setup from BOA. It is not doing the same thing. Quicken6.jpg
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @xpmurph48

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I am still unable to determine the cause of this issue.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.