How can I unlink an entry from an incorrect download ID?

Options
You will notice in the screenshot, that I'm attempting to match the payment to SLEEP NUMBER, on 4/9/2020, to a downloaded transaction. In the list of available transactions, there is no entry for 4/9/2020.

You'll notice that there *IS* a transaction from 3/15/2020. But if you look at the account register, the payment to SLEEP NUMBER, on 3/15/2020, is already linked to download transaction #202003161. It's obviously linked to the incorrect downloaded transaction. The one it *should* be linked to, is showing up in the list of transactions that are currently unlinked.

How in the world do I unlink that transaction?

NOTE: I also have the same problem with TRANSFERS that have automatically linked up to the incorrect entry of the other account.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    NumbGnat said:
    Thank you for the response Sherlock. Unfortunately, the backups that I have, all exhibit the same behavior. So restoring from a backup won't resolve the issue.

I know I can manually reconcile the uncleared entry. That's not what I need to do. I need to go back an unlink the payment to SLEEP NUMBER, on 3/15/2020, from the download transaction #202003161.

Same thing with the transfers. None of them are uncleared. They're just linked to the wrong date. I have several transfers that repeat every month. Many of those transfers are linked to the wrong entry in the other account. When I right-click on the entry and click "Go To matching transfer", there are some entries that go to the incorrect date.

I believe the problem occurred because it had been >6 months since I had reconciled. When I did finally reconcile the account, it only downloaded the last 3 months of activity. I had memorized transactions that repeat every month, so they were entered for those 3 missing months. When they linked up, there was no matching entry during those 3 missing months, so they automatically linked up with entries that were further in the future. Now I'm in the process of adding those missing entries manually and there is no matching transaction, because the wrong transaction is already linked up to the one I need.

I just need to undo the linking of downloaded transactions, so I can manually link them. There is a way to manually link them. Surely there is a way to unlink them when you make a mistake.
    Here's a third option: swap the dates of the transactions and any other fields necessary. 

Answers

• NumbGnat
    NumbGnat Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the response Sherlock. Unfortunately, the backups that I have, all exhibit the same behavior. So restoring from a backup won't resolve the issue.

I know I can manually reconcile the uncleared entry. That's not what I need to do. I need to go back an unlink the payment to SLEEP NUMBER, on 3/15/2020, from the download transaction #202003161.

Same thing with the transfers. None of them are uncleared. They're just linked to the wrong date. I have several transfers that repeat every month. Many of those transfers are linked to the wrong entry in the other account. When I right-click on the entry and click "Go To matching transfer", there are some entries that go to the incorrect date.

I believe the problem occurred because it had been >6 months since I had reconciled. When I did finally reconcile the account, it only downloaded the last 3 months of activity. I had memorized transactions that repeat every month, so they were entered for those 3 missing months. When they linked up, there was no matching entry during those 3 missing months, so they automatically linked up with entries that were further in the future. Now I'm in the process of adding those missing entries manually and there is no matching transaction, because the wrong transaction is already linked up to the one I need.

I just need to undo the linking of downloaded transactions, so I can manually link them. There is a way to manually link them. Surely there is a way to unlink them when you make a mistake.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    NumbGnat said:

Here's a third option: swap the dates of the transactions and any other fields necessary. 
  • NumbGnat
    NumbGnat Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > Here's a third option: swap the dates of the transactions and any other fields necessary.

I hadn't thought of that option @Sherlock. That would get the correct transactions linked. I will give that a try the next time I'm in Quicken

Way to think outside the box! 😎

Thanks!