My reports are not on my newly installed computer

Options
My old Mac computer crashed and when I installed Quicken on my new ThinkPad and signed in, none of my reports are there. Please tell me they did not need to be backed up!

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello @vikki1968,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Since conversion from Mac to Windows requires using a .QXF transfer file format, unfortunately, reports (amongst other features) are not copied and transferred over as it is not supported in this file format. Please, see below a list of facts and features regarding .QXF file format.
    • The import and export of financial data using the QXF file format is limited to the accounts, transactions, scheduled transactions, categories, and tags of non-investment and non-business accounts.
    • The import and export of investment and business accounts, transactions, budgets, attachments, reports, and application settings are not supported by QXF.
    • The QXF file format is the preferred choice for merging Quicken account data.
    • Quicken for Windows can import QXF data from Quicken for Mac. The only data imported is Checking, Savings, and Credit Card accounts and transactions.
    • Our legacy file transfer format, QIF (Quicken Interchange Format), has been replaced by QXF.

I apologize for not having better news to provide you with, however, I do hope this information serves to be useful knowledge for you going forward.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Reports can be found individually listed under the Reports Menu selection.
    I recommend using the Reports & Graphs Center, also available from the Reports Menu. For quick and easy access to this function, add it to the Quicken Toolbar.

Are you new to Quicken for Windows?

Welcome.
    Please read this for more information, some videos and a list of resources to help familiarize yourself with Quicken:
    https://www.quicken.com/quicken-tips
    https://www.quicken.com/complete-guide-getting-started-quicken-2018-windows

Quicken Help! (Quicken for Windows)

If you're unsure on how to do something, you can find more information about a specific task, function, feature or report in Quicken Help.
    To access Quicken Help simply press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken (or click Help in the Menu bar, then click Quicken Help).
    Use the Contents tab to see the available books in Quicken Help. Click on one of the books to open it. Click on a chapter to drill down to more details.
    Or use the Search tab to search using keywords, e.g., "buy security".
    Some Quicken view screens may have a blue (or yellow) button with a question mark. Click it to get view - specific help.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    vikki1968 said:
    My old Mac computer crashed and when I installed Quicken on my new ThinkPad and signed in, none of my reports are there.
    just to clarify - did you migrate your Quicken data from your crashed MAC
    to your new Windows based Thinkpad - and therefore from QMac to QWin ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.