Bill Reminders Change Back

I have a subscription and have the latest version installed.

I don't know what Quicken has done in the latest releases, but every time I edit an upcoming bill by "edit this instance", to either change the due date (move out a few days) or the amount due for that particular instance, I go back into quicken at a later time and that instance is missing (the next month is the next occurrence) or it changes back to the default amount for all instances.

It's very frustrating and could cause me to miss a payment if I don't closely monitor.

Fix this please! I can't continue to use Quicken if this keeps happening.

Comments

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I use this method a lot and have not noticed the problem.  Are the reminders linked to online bills?  I don't usually link reminders but did so recently and noticed some strange scheduling behavior for the linked reminder.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just so people know the way online bills linked to reminders work is when it downloads a bill amount and date it updates the next instance.

Basically if you link an online bill to a reminder, you give up control of it.  If you ever go to change the estimate it will warn you about this.  That is one indication that strange things are going to happen.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ettoids
    Ettoids Member
    These are all manual bill reminders.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ettoids

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    Could you please share if you have a solution or resolution? I am having the same issue.
  • Chris Glenn
    Chris Glenn Member ✭✭
    Me too. I 'ignore' reminders and they keep coming back. Some of them are months old.
  • Chris Glenn
    Chris Glenn Member ✭✭
    > @Chris Glenn said:
    > Me too. I 'ignore' reminders and they keep coming back. Some of them are months old.

Contacted Support - they had me do a 'Super Validate' on the file to repair internal issues. Seems to have done the trick.

To get to 'Super Validate', open your file, with the 'Ctrl' and 'Shift' keys down click 'File->File Operations->Validate and Repair'. The resulting pop-up will have a checkbox for Super validate file.
This discussion has been closed.