Autofill fields

In my old Quicken 2007 (Mac), once I entered the Payee name Quicken woud autofill Amount, Category, etc. This does not seem to work on Quicken 2020 for Mac. Either that or I have something set incorrectly. Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken 2020 calls this feature QuickFill, and it indeed has this capability. It's actually more flexible than in Quicken 2007. I suggest you go to Help > Quicken Help and click on Basics > Adding QuickFill Rules to learn about how QuickFill works. Then post back if you have questions or problems.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • debax
    debax Member ✭✭
    I tried adding a QuickFill rule from the Payees and Rules window. As a trial, I used the Payee: Social Security (name). I included the category: income:social security, and an amount. Then I added a transaction using this Payee for next month, but the amount and category did not QuickFill. The amount is shown as $0.00 and the category is shown as "Uncategorized". Definitely not working as I expected it should. I must be missing something...
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @debax

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

To confirm, are you selecting the Quickfill rule when entering this transaction? 

If you select the first option in the list, just the Payee, this will leave the category and amount blank as the rule is not being selected.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • debax
    debax Member ✭✭
    Being new to Quicken (Mac) 2020, I'm not even sure what you mean when you ask, "are you selecting the Quickfill rule...? In Quicken 2007 when I entered the Payee name, the Category and even amount from previous transactions would be automatically filled in. Perhaps if someone would lay out ALL the steps for QuickFill to work, I could follow better and understand what I'm doing wrong.
  • debax
    debax Member ✭✭
    Finally I got it. It works quite different than Quicken 2007, but as you said, it's actually more flexible. Once you spelled it out, I tried setting up a new transaction and once I selected the "proper" Payee option, the other fields were filled in as expected. Thanks to you and Tyka!
This discussion has been closed.