Gray dots in the projected balances graph not associated with any transactions

The projected balances graph started showing gray dots that aren't associated with any transactions. The gray dots don't have click-on capability to investigate what they are for. The dots sometimes correspond to large fluctuations in the projected amounts but without any associated transactions. The Bills and Income tab doesn't have any transactions corresponding to the gray dots in the projected balances graph, but the B&I tab shows fluctuations of about $13,000 without any transactions at all. These glitches make the projected balances graph and B&I tab unusable. The problem had a sudden onset without any changes in Quicken settings. Ideas?

Comments

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Try looking at the Calendar view.  Others have reported multiple entries there when the project balance goes haywire. 

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The gray dots are not supposed to have corresponding transactions.  They're an end of the horizontal line.  The non-gray dots should provide the balance transition including future transactions impacting the projected balance.  There has been an issue present where transactions may be missing though the balance is correct.  I have found toggling the Combine Bill, Income & Transfers preference temporarily corrects the issue: select Edit > Preferences...

• deltavee
    deltavee Member ✭✭
    I've tried Combine Bills, Income and Transfers already, and the problem still exists. For Jrich75, the B&I tab is in the calendar view with incorrect totals that compound in time with neither corresponding nor multiple transactions to account for those totals. I'm stumped.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    deltavee said:
    For Jrich75, the B&I tab is in the calendar view with incorrect totals that compound in time with neither corresponding nor multiple transactions to account for those totals. I'm stumped.
    I was referring to the full calendar view (Tools, calendar).  You can also see it using the Show Full Calendar button at the bottom of the one displayed in the B&I tab.

Quicken user since 1995

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Here is a link to a previous post that may be related   https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20121511#Comment_20121511

Quicken user since 1995

• deltavee
    deltavee Member ✭✭
    Thanks, but that didn't solve the problem. At the beginning of next month, Quicken recurring transactions accurately shows projected income of about $4100, but the projected balance graph shows income of over $9200 on that same date without the transactions to justify it. Essentially, Quicken is telling me that recurring transactions of $2788 + $1311 = $13266. There are no overdue reminders that could cause this. I'm wondering what will happen when the recurring transactions are downloaded into Quicken and the transactions don't equal what Quicken computes them at.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @deltavee

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. At this point-- I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.  I'll also leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

This discussion has been closed.