I have to 'reauthentic' my Bank Account (again)

This morning, I went to pay a bill via 'Check Pay'. I have been using Check Pay with Quicken for MAC for the past two month. Now, this morning, it says that there is no Bank associated with my Check Pay. So I had to do the two micro deposits thing and now have to wait for them to hit my bank in order for this to be re-authenticated.

Any idea why this might be happening? Is this a normal behavior - having to reauthenticate the Check Pay bank accounts?

Thanks,

Phil
Tagged:

Answers

• Greydog9928
    Greydog9928 Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Its happened to me also with 2 accounts
  • PhilipBlank
    PhilipBlank Member ✭✭
    Sounds like a bug in the software. I went back and looked and this is actually the THIRD time I have had to do this.

Hopefully, someone from Quicken looks at/monitors these threads!

Phil
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @PhilipBlank

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Did you by chance restore a backup at any point from the last time you had to enable CheckPay?

Also, if you look along the top of the Quicken screen, can you please provide the file name listed?

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • PhilipBlank
    PhilipBlank Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Tyka,

Thank you for your response. No, I have not restored any backup and am using the same data file in quicken that I have always used.

This is the 3rd time that this has happened to me and it is VERY frustrating.

The file name that I use is:

Backup-3MacMiniFile-Q2020

Thank you

Phil
  • PhilipBlank
    PhilipBlank Member ✭✭
    P.S. I never 'select' the file but simply open this file as it has been the default since I went to this new version of Quicken.
  • PhilipBlank
    PhilipBlank Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    More good news. Got a call from Quicken today. You guys have invalidated four checks that I wrote. I cannot believe this. Check Pay is supposed to be just that - send checks. But because my Bank Account was dropped (by your software), you invalidated checks that I have queued up to be sent. My only option is to wait until the microdeposits go through and do them all over again.

[removed-rant]
This discussion has been closed.