I have Quicken Personal 2012 and a new computer, how can I update to newest version

If I can update will my current files be transferable?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Personal 2012 is not a US version if I recall correctly.
    What country?
    That will determine what you choices of how to do it are.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• blingard
    blingard Member
    Australia
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Edit: Australia! Great country, but my original answer was geared for the US. 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To see if the US version of Quicken will read/convert your data file, you could start with QW2013 available here, https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-your-data-quicken-windows .
    If that works, then you could purchase subscription Quicken (current version) from Amazon (probably).  You will want Deluxe at a minimum, since Starter goes into a READ-ONLY mode when the subscription expires.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
     You will want Deluxe at a minimum, since Starter goes into a READ-ONLY mode when the subscription expires.
    Starter version also doesn't support multiple currency (as in Australia dollar).

And please note that no matter what US version you end up with none of them would allow for any of the online services including downloading transactions from Australian financial institutions.  You would have to manual enter transactions or maybe import a QIF file.  Quicken 2013 US would probably be better than the Subscription/current version for that use case.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.