Please Enter Your Passwords - One-Step Update Settings error

Supercuper71
Supercuper71 Member ✭✭
Since Oct.1, I'm suddenly unable to download transactions from my Bank of America (BoA) Checking account using One-Step Update. Other accounts seem to have the same issue, but I'll use BoA as an example.

See attached screenshot - although I have entered my password, I get the error box "Please Enter Your Passwords". And hitting the OK button there simply takes me back to the One Step Update Settings box shown below. Re-entering the password there gives me the error box again.

The connection method is Direct Connect. I'm using Quicken Deluxe Version R29.16 (Year = 2020).
When I look at Account Details, BoA Checking is set up for transaction download (Automatic Entry is On).

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Supercuper71,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    To start with, I suggest you start by trying to reset the account connection. I do recommend saving a backup first (just in case) and then following steps 1, 2, and 4 in this support article. For step 4, follow the section titled To reset or repair the connectivity of an online account

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Supercuper71
    Supercuper71 Member ✭✭
    Anja - Thanks and I have been following your advice but the problem continues. By the way, I just updated my Quicken and am now on version R29.20 (Build 27.1.29.20/Year 2020).

I have the same problem with my other banking and credit card accounts. This was all working fine until 2 weeks ago.
  • Supercuper71
    Supercuper71 Member ✭✭
    I think I was able to solve this by changing from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect. The authentication process was a bit tedious - it seemed I had to repeat some steps at least twice for a couple of accounts. But the transactions are now downloading properly.
This discussion has been closed.