Apply payment from another customer

Let's say I have two siblings that each make a reservation - each is set up as a customer and an invoice created. Each pays a 50% deposit. Sibling B cancels and says "just apply my deposit to my sister's invoice". Is there an easy way to do that?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @pdallen1970

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I was taking a look to see what we could do but we'll need some more information. I believe you're using the business tabs in quicken. If you could go into a bit more detail how each account is setup so that we're able to find out more. Another thing is if you're able to take a couple of screenshots that might help us as well with describing the way the deposits are set up. I'll provide an article down below on how to screenshot.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

Once you get a chance let us know a bit more!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• pdallen1970
    pdallen1970 Member ✭✭✭
    I create a new customer for each guest, then create an invoice with the items (rooms) on it. I then create a new payment for the deposit amount, but do not apply it to an invoice. This is applied when the guest checks out, since the state doesn't consider it income until their stay.

So if Joe Smith has an invoice for $200 and pays $100 as a deposit, the invoice amount still shows as $100 due and he shows a credit on his account until it's applied.

If Joe's mother Mary calls and says "I want to pay for the rest of their bill", I would like to get all of her info and add her to my address book. So how could I apply Mary's credit/deposit to Joe's open invoice?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @pdallen1970

Thank you for your response and the additional details, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here

If you are unable to complete what you are needing by entering a payment, it would appear this is unsupported, I apologize.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • pdallen1970
    pdallen1970 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I was hoping maybe another user had encountered the same shortcoming and found a work-around.
This discussion has been closed.