EWC-DC Mismatch error message

I was getting the EWC-DC Mismatch error message for my chase accounts. (checking, savings
credit card, and mortgage) on my account and one credit card for my wife. I followed directions deactivated reactivated as DC . Now when I run onestep update I still see the error message but it looks like my transactions are downloading. (there are very many in these accounts but all seems to be working How do I get rid of the pop up box that is very annoying?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jay Berman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Please navigate to Tools > Account List, this will list all of the accounts and their connection methods.

In this list, do you show all Chase accounts being listed for Direct Connect, or do you see and (Improve Connection) on any of the Chase accounts?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jay Berman
    Jay Berman Member ✭✭
    Checking and Savings show direct connect. one credit card (mine) is direct connect. the other ( wife) is Improve Connection
    the mortgage account is Express web connect.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    On the one that says "Improve Connection", click on that and you should be switched over to Direct Connect, and that should fix the problem.  Note that loan accounts that are downloaded are always setup for Express Web Connect, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Note you might get some duplicate transactions in that account when you first switch over.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jay Berman
    Jay Berman Member ✭✭
    Looks like it is finally working. with no errors. These are not very active accounts so I will have to wait and see how it works.
  • Nate Porter
    Nate Porter Member
    Have not used Quicken in a few years, but have all my old files. Have installed new version of Quicken, but when I try to update I get the EWC-DC Mismatch error.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have not used Quicken in a few years, but have all my old files. Have installed new version of Quicken, but when I try to update I get the EWC-DC Mismatch error.
    If you haven't used your data files in years my suggestion would be to go through all the accounts and deactivate them for downloading and go back and reactive them and be sure to link them to the correct accounts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Merle Renaud
    Merle Renaud Member
    I do not know how Quicken got us into this ewc-dc mess.  I do that this issue has been more to mess my account files than anything I have seen.   The solutions are not solutions and are circular; my downloads were DC.  Not sure what they are.

I have been using Quicken since the early 90's; this is incentive to look elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.