Unchecking "Show Splits" Fails

chilemike
chilemike Unconfirmed ✭✭
Have Deluxe 2020 R29.20 version. When I uncheck the "Show Splits" option in Customize Report settings, the splits in the report continue to be displayed. When I re-enter the Customer Report settings, the "Show Splits" option is checked again. This behavior continues under various scenarios with my Saved Reports (upgraded from Q 2019 six months ago. This behavior has been on going at least since then. Don't know if it happened in 2019 Version)
I used the reset columns and the report still displays the show splits as checked even after it is unchecked.
I tried a new "Itemized Transactions report" and in this new report with the same categories checked, the show splits option doesn't even appear in the report settings as an option.
Can we get a little help? thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @chilemike

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have been unable to recreate this issue so far, I apologize.

The report that I am using for testing is Reports > Spending > Itemized Payees, this report has an option to include or exclude splits.

It sounds as though this occurring only on saved reports. Can you please navigate to the Itemized Payees report and see if the behavior still exists?

Please let me know what you find!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    In addition to the Itemized Payees report Tyka mentioned, the Banking Transaction report also includes the 'Show Splits' option.  That report can be customized to subtotal several different ways and may have been the source for your saved reports.  
  • chilemike
    chilemike Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Sorry getting back kind of late.  the show splits issue seems to be concurring on old saved reports as you mention.  the new reports that are created don't seem to have this issue. 
    Overall the create reports experience is a clunky one.  it would sure help if the drop down boxes in the report customization settings window were bigger or were pop ups.  I see the full names of the category tree when you hover but the appearance of the category after hovering takes a while and is much slower than if you could see the full name in a list.  some of my categories are located three or four spots down from the base category name on the tree
This discussion has been closed.