Reminders Reseting

2»

Answers

• jabm1973
    jabm1973 Member ✭✭
    Using latest Quicken (version R29.12, build 27.1.29.12)

Not sure how to show screen shots on here, Basically I've had these as bills for a months and all of a sudden the reminders from earlier this month and last month (August and September) are still showing up as OVERDUE - even though entered them and they have been reconciled.
    They are setup as a regular bill reminder and then linked our XFinity and XFinity Mobile billing accounts to get the actual monthly bill amounts -- Our Eversource (Formerly PSNH [Public Service of New Hampshire]) bill done the same way has been just fine.

I've tried to clear this out several ways
    1) by just entering the 'overdue' transactions again (and then deleting them from the register)
    2) by trying to ignore/skip the transactions
    3) by editing the transactions to set the due dates to the proper dates in October
    4) by deleting the actual reminder then trying to delete the online billers -- This gives an error about pending transactions (even though I've unlinked the billers and deleted the actual bill reminders

methods 1, 2, & 3 seem to work initially, but they always come back as OVERDUE.

How can I clear these?? They are *Not* OVERDUE but have been paid!
  • jabm1973
    jabm1973 Member ✭✭
    Additional information -- my 3 "online" bills are paid directly through XFinity, XFinity Mobile, and Eversource respectively not through Quicken Bill Pay -- My bill reminders are just linked to these to get the exact amount of each bills monthly payment.
  • MontyATL
    MontyATL Member
    I found a discussion about this from a year ago, but the problem is happening to me currently. I go into the Calendar, and reminders for bills that have already been paid are reappearing, sometimes going back through multiple occurrences. I have tried ignoring them to get "caught up", but the next time I open Quicken they are there again. HELP!
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    I had that problem multiple times and the only was I was able to resolve it was to recover from a backup.
  • mbuhmann1
    mbuhmann1 Member
    Within the last week Quicken has started downloading/adding to the registrar past Overdue Bills. Even after I ignore them the next time I do a One Step Update it happens again. It only appears to be happening with my Chase accounts, and only on one computer. I've tried deleting Quicken and re-installing, and Resetting the Account but it continues to happen. Any help would be appreciated.
  • mjatkins
    mjatkins Member
    Having same issue last week or so. I am not using Bill manager to make online payments.
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Billminder shows paid bills as past due after today's automatic update.
  • gdahlin
    gdahlin Member ✭✭
    In my Quicken Premier, 4 Bill and Income Reminders items that I entered keep showing up as Overdue when I start Quicken. What to do?
  • John Risso
    John Risso Member ✭✭
    Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!!!!!! Turning off Sync to Quicken Cloud worked for me as well. What a lot of wasted time fixing this horrendous problem that Quicken should of already caught!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The last two updates have changed the dates of recurring reminders 3-9 months into the past. with the last update, I ended up with 65 overdue reminders. This time I have 122. What is going on with Quicken? About a year ago, an update changed the date of all my reminders that had a frequency of annual. I sure hope this gets fixed, I am tired of having to change these reminder dates every month
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @gdahlin

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. When you enter the reminders do you enter it from the register screen or do you enter them in the bills and income screen? I believe you you manually type them in it won't register them as entered since they're a separate transaction. If you wouldn't mind could you go to the bills and income tab and take a screenshot of the screen from there. Here's a post on how to take a screenshot if you're unfamiliar how to. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

Once you get a chance to post the screenshot let us know and we'll see what exactly is going on.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• gdahlin
    gdahlin Member ✭✭
    Hope this worked!
    --Jerry
  • clrascoe
    clrascoe Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. I clear them out and they reappear.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @gdahlin

Thanks for the screenshot. So it looks like my original thoughts on the entries is likely. You'll see in the screenshot that you've added that over the last transaction on the right there's a couple of different options. Each month when you're trying to add the reminders into your register you'd want to hit the enter button on the selected transaction since it's not set to enter automatically. Since you've entered the transactions manually for this month I would advise selecting the ignore option and that will ignore them for the previous month. 

That should help you out but if there's something else that may be confusing let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • zimanski
    zimanski Member
    I am having the same issue as of the last Quicken update. This is very annoying. Please fix!
  • Since the most recent update (27.1.29.16) Bill & Income Reminders is adding transactions to the list AND to the register that I have already either 1) ignored or 2) entered into the register. It is doing this back to September 2020. This happens each time I open Quicken. I go in and correct everything in both the Account Registers and the Bill and Income Reminder list, and the next time I open Quicken, it has changed everything AGAIN! Not only is the Bill and Income Reminders List inaccurate, but my check/account registers are also inaccurate. I have gone into the Options section of Bill and Income Reminders and unchecked every possible place, so it does not have permission to "suggest reminders", but this still happens. I have asked the Quicken Support people for assistance, and they have nothing to offer. Does anyone here know of a fix for this?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to navigate to Help > Report a Problem and submit a report, please include QWIN-18247 in the subject.

Please include the logs as well as a sanitized data file if comfortable doing so.

The sanitized data file will help our teams to recreate and investigate this issue further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mass imo
    mass imo Member ✭✭
    when will this be resolved. I turned off sync to the cloud but some how that keeps getting reset too.
  • me
    me Member ✭✭✭
    I agree. I have update prices on but not cloud sync and my reminders are reset every day.
  • gdahlin
    gdahlin Member ✭✭
    Thank you so much!!
    --Jerry
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our Teams have been investigating this issue and have created a solution that is included with the currently staged R29.20 hot fix release, now currently paused.

If you have not yet installed the R29.20 release and would prefer to not wait for the staged release to be made available for all users, it may be downloaded and installed by clicking here.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Fizbat
    Fizbat Member ✭✭
    > @me said:
    > I'm on Quicken Premier Windows 29.12 (Build 27.1.29.12) and everytime I do a one step update my reminders are all reset. (That is, dismissed reminders reappear.)
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this? is there something I should be doing differently?

Having same problem. Is a fix posted somewhere?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Fizbat

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question.

If you have not done so already please install the recent patch by clicking here.

Please let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jmrydzon1
    jmrydzon1 Member ✭✭
    Still happening in release 29.22
  • me
    me Member ✭✭✭
    I'm on Premier R29.22 (27.1.29.22) and that did resolve the problem for me. You will have to dismiss the notifications, but they should not come back again. (At least that was my experience.)
This discussion has been closed.