Variable Annuities

TomJF
TomJF Member ✭✭✭
What is the best way to use QM to deal with Variable Annuities?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell us more about that variable annuity.  There are multiple types of them.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• TomJF
    TomJF Member ✭✭✭
    This is a "Non-Qualified" variable annuity from which I am taking monthly distributions. I have been doing so for more than 10 years. The original investment consisted of both pre-tax and post-tax contributions.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TomJF

Thank you for the additional details, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

At this time there is no specific tool or wizard available in Quicken to track this type of annuity.

What are you hoping to track specifically? Are you looking to track the monthly payments?

Outside of Quicken, do you these go into a Checking account that you actively track inside Quicken?

Please let us know so we can get you the best answer!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • TomJF
    TomJF Member ✭✭✭
    These go into my checking account that Quicken is tracking. I am entering annuity values in also. I would like Quicken to calculate my ROI, Return of Capital, and % gain of the annuity investment over time. I hope we can expect many more investment reports with graphs and charts in the future. For this I wish the team Godspeed!

TomJF
This discussion has been closed.