Error code OL-221-A when trying to update Synchrony (Multiple FIs)

Answers

• Jaybee
    Jaybee Member
    Located error in QFX file. You can import file if you edit the file (Notepad works)

File: Transaction (xx) in download folder
    locate the following: (about 40 lines down)
    <DTSTART>R
    <DTEND>R
    Change the 'R' to the the start and end dates of the export
    <DTSTART>20200917
    <DTEND>20201013
    save and double click updated file.

Shouldn't have to do this but it works
  • erwiest
    erwiest Member ✭✭
    Query: The only way in which I can access Synchrony PayPal MC is to open PayPal, follow the link to the Synchrony card, then manually download transactions in a *.qfx file (if there is a way to use Web Express, I don't know it). How will an activation/deactivation help?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue you all are experiencing here in the Community though I apologize for any frustration this may be causing you.

If you have been moved to the ongoing thread for issues with Synchrony. If you haven't done so already, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem, and send your OFXlog and CONNlog along with the report so we can investigate this issue further.

If each of you could please navigate to Help > Report a problem and title the subject with "Attn: CTP-1090", we would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • JM
    JM Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > If each of you could please navigate to Help > Report a problem and title the subject with "Attn: CTP-1090", we would greatly appreciate that.
    >
    > Thank you!
    > -Quicken Tyka

How about a link to "Help > Report a problem".
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello JM,

Thank you for the question, although I apologize for any confusion.

The option to Report a Problem is located within the Quicken program.

Once Quicken is open, select "Help" and then "Report a Problem."

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • AM
    AM Member ✭✭✭
    I have a PayPal Mastercard account.

I can't believe Synchrony has STILL not fixed this problem. Now, one can't even download the QFX file to manually repair by inserting the appropriate dates, which I had been doing successfully, since that solution was first posted here. When you try to export the QFX from the Synchrony Bank website, no file is downloaded and you get a tiny message on an otherwise blank web page saying, "you have been logged out."

I was able, today, to get my data by "deactivating" the account in the Account List, then, adding the account, again, being careful to choose "link to an existing account."

I had a post removed for purportedly "ranting" about the lackadaisical response Synchrony was exhibiting toward the resolution of this problem, which, no doubt, affects many thousands of its customers . . . and that was a month ago!
  • TSquare
    TSquare Member
    > @nycaleksey said:
    > I have run into the same issue when downloading Synchrony Mastercard transactions from the Synchrony website. Fortunately I had a copy of one of the previously downloaded Transaction.qfx files that was imported into Quicken successfully. When comparing it with the currently generated file that can't be imported I found the root cause. Here's how to fix the QFX file:
    >
    > 1. Open Transaction.QFX in Notepad
    >
    > 2. Press Ctrl-F and search for "DTSTART"
    >
    > 3. You should see the following two strings:
    > <DTSTART>R
    > <DTEND>R
    >
    > 4. Replace "R" in each line with the start and end dates of the imported transactions in YYYYMMDD format. You can get these dates by analyzing the "DTPOSTED" lines in the transaction list. For example:
    > <DTSTART>20200901
    > <DTEND>20200923
    >
    > 5. Close and save the file. Try to import it again
    >
    > This little hack worked for me, hope it can help someone else.
    > Now, if you only it was possible to somehow reach the Synchrony IT team and let them know that they broke the QFX export again...

This worked for me.
    THANK YOU, @nycaleksey
  • Editing the QFX file worked for me. Seems like such a simple fix for Synchronicity Bank to do for everyone.....
  • SMT2
    SMT2 Member ✭✭✭
    I believe the issue is with QFX file from Synchrony bank contains invalid value. I open QFX file with Notepad and review the file. Notice the invalid value under the tag <BANKTRANLIST>, both <DTSTART> and <DTEND> tags have the value of "R", instead of a date in the form of YYYYMMDD. I replaced the value "R" with yesterday's date in the form of YYYYMMDD (ex: 20201020) and save the file, double click to update Quicken and it works.
  • dwneas
    dwneas Member ✭✭
    Jaybee, thank you so much. Your suggestion worked like a charm.
  • DKG24
    DKG24 Member ✭✭
    Yes that works, but it is a real pain to resolve the date issue. Why is the file dropping the dates?
  • jco
    jco Member ✭✭
    OL221A & B Error. Not connecting to Sam's Credit Card Service (Web Connect using .qfx file).

Anybody having this issue. My quicken is the latest version and up to date:
    2020 vR29.22
    Build: 27.1.29.22
  • jco
    jco Member ✭✭
    Fixing the DTSTART/DTEND by adding proper dates worked for me. Thanks
  • sfjal
    sfjal Member ✭✭
    > @nycaleksey said:
    > I have run into the same issue when downloading Synchrony Mastercard transactions from the Synchrony website. Fortunately I had a copy of one of the previously downloaded Transaction.qfx files that was imported into Quicken successfully. When comparing it with the currently generated file that can't be imported I found the root cause. Here's how to fix the QFX file:
    >
    > 1. Open Transaction.QFX in Notepad
    >
    > 2. Press Ctrl-F and search for "DTSTART"
    >
    > 3. You should see the following two strings:
    > <DTSTART>R
    > <DTEND>R
    >
    > 4. Replace "R" in each line with the start and end dates of the imported transactions in YYYYMMDD format. You can get these dates by analyzing the "DTPOSTED" lines in the transaction list. For example:
    > <DTSTART>20200901
    > <DTEND>20200923
    >
    > 5. Close and save the file. Try to import it again
    >
    > This little hack worked for me, hope it can help someone else.
    > Now, if you only it was possible to somehow reach the Synchrony IT team and let them know that they broke the QFX export again...

Your recommendation worked!! Thanks.
  • jco
    jco Member ✭✭
    Yes that is what I read earlier and applied. That worked fine. Just hope I don't have to always do it. They need to fix. Thanks very much.
  • erwiest
    erwiest Member ✭✭
    This is not resolved, contrary to the message received from Quicken_Tyra. Asking me to edit to *.qfx file is _not_ acceptable.
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    Ditto. Still have to edit to add date, that is NOT a fix.
  • DKG24
    DKG24 Member ✭✭
    Correct it is not resolved. Still get an error message
  • AM
    AM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    This is kind of ridiculous. What will "resolve" this matter is fixing the glitch, not having the customers, themselves, improvise workarounds, that require a great deal more time and effort.

[removed - violation of community guidelines]

The only thing that, apparently, will get the message across is to take our business elsewhere.
  • SMT2
    SMT2 Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20128294). This is still unresolved.

For clarification. Download of QFX file for "Previous" month transactions has always work without issue. However, the download of "Current" activities (or Activity Since Last Statement) remain unresolved. This is the one that Quicken users have been reporting about.
  • AM
    AM Member ✭✭✭
    The problem, itself, is now being proffered as the solution.
  • hopsonbiz
    hopsonbiz Member ✭✭
    I had a great talk with one of the techies at Synchrony/Sam's Club who is specifically working on this problem. I then had a great talk with support at Quicken, and I have information to share!

Synchrony is actively working on this issue. I found out today that, if you choose "Sam's Club Credit" (either personal or business), the file will Web Connect and there is no problem importing it into Quicken. The problem only occurs (at least for me) when logging into Sam's Club Credit website and initiating the download from there. People like me who have been downloading for years have a problem because you can't go in and correct the financial institution in Quicken, and I had chosen "Synchrony Bank Credit" instead of "Sam's Club Credit." When I talked to Quicken, she told me that the fix is to disable the download for that account in Quicken, then start to add a new account. Choose Sam's Club Credit, and enter your user id and password. It will connect to Synchrony and look for accounts. Then you tell it to link to an existing account, and pick your existing Sam's Club account in Quicken. The process of linking will correct the financial institution name, and voila! you can Web Connect! This may or may not work with other subcategories of Synchrony accounts.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I wasn't clear enough on any of this procedure.

Terri

P.S. I'm on subscription Quicken Premier.
  • jco
    jco Member ✭✭
    I have an update (Sort of...)
    My statement was due on the 2nd so my statement is complete and time for me to reconcile. I just downloaded the .qfx. The file had the same date (20201102) as the Start Date and the End Date as shown below:
    <DTSTART>20201102
    <DTEND>20201102

So corrected "DTSTART" to be: 20201001

I guess we can say some progress was made but still not fixed as reported above. I don't recall a quicken update was done so I can't explain the situation any better that what I've shown above.

Thanks
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    Still the same. I have four accounts that the qfx file has to be edited.
    Seems Synchrony Bank isn't working on this at all.
  • psode
    psode Member ✭✭
    Same experience, same edit.
  • SMT2
    SMT2 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks to @hopsonbiz (Nov 3 post). Synchrony/Sam's Club MasterCard can now setup using Express Web Connect. This mitigated the QFX file download issue. I setup mine using Sam's Club Personal Credit Account from the Financial Institution list.

For those with co-branded credit card using Synchrony may want to check it out and hopefully you may find the FI list for your card with Synchrony.
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I cannot get to the financial list, all that comes up is to connect to Synchrony Bank direct. Does not work that way. Tried it with more than one account.

> @SMT2 said:
    > Thanks to @hopsonbiz (Nov 3 post). Synchrony/Sam's Club MasterCard can now setup using Express Web Connect. This mitigated the QFX file download issue. I setup mine using Sam's Club Personal Credit Account from the Financial Institution list.
    >
    > For those with co-branded credit card using Synchrony may want to check it out and hopefully you may find the FI list for your card with Synchrony.
  • erwiest
    erwiest Member ✭✭
    How does it work with PayPal Cashback via Synchrony--which I can access only through the PayPal site, which does not connect in any useful way with Quicken?
  • SMT2
    SMT2 Member ✭✭✭
    @erwiest.

I don't have PayPal Cashback card. But I took the liberty to search for Paypal and found a couple of FI's (see attached image). I am not sure whether "PayPal Credit Card" is the same as "PayPal Cashback Card". The only way to find out is to Setup Transaction Download and see if it works.

The link below has useful information in how to setup transaction download plus the type of connection.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • psode
    psode Member ✭✭
    Brilliant! Seems to work so far with Synchrony/BP

@SMT2 said:
    > For those with co-branded credit card using Synchrony may want to check it out and hopefully you may find the FI list for your card with Synchrony.
This discussion has been closed.