Email address change / account ID

Options
In Edit, Preferences, I updated my email address which actually changed the 'Quicken ID.' My 'email address' is still listed as my old email address. It also saw somewhere that the old email address is the 'owner' of the file. How to I fix this mess? The old email address is going away. I am the only one who uses this file on my home computer.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @woconnell77,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the old email address is also your Quicken ID used for your subscription and the new email address you are trying to change to does not exist as a Quicken ID--
    Please, click here to sign in to your Quicken My Account page using your current Quicken ID (old email address) and password. Then, click on Change Email/Quicken ID (see illustration below).

If the new email address you are trying to change to does exist as a Quicken ID--
    Please, click here to fill out the "Email Change Request Form".

Once the email has been successfully changed to the new email address for your subscription's Quicken ID, then please, follow the steps below for the change to also take effect within your Quicken program.
    1. Open Quicken
    2. Go to Edit
    3. Preferences
    4. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    5. Sign in as a different user (or it may possibly say "Sign in using a different Quicken ID" instead)
    6. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    7. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (new email) and password 

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @woconnell77,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the old email address is also your Quicken ID used for your subscription and the new email address you are trying to change to does not exist as a Quicken ID--
    Please, click here to sign in to your Quicken My Account page using your current Quicken ID (old email address) and password. Then, click on Change Email/Quicken ID (see illustration below).

If the new email address you are trying to change to does exist as a Quicken ID--
    Please, click here to fill out the "Email Change Request Form".

Once the email has been successfully changed to the new email address for your subscription's Quicken ID, then please, follow the steps below for the change to also take effect within your Quicken program.
    1. Open Quicken
    2. Go to Edit
    3. Preferences
    4. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    5. Sign in as a different user (or it may possibly say "Sign in using a different Quicken ID" instead)
    6. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    7. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (new email) and password 

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.