problem downloading BOA transactions - missing old reconciled transactions

mariap
mariap Member ✭✭
My Quicken file has been validated without errors. But lately I had a few Bugsplat screens.
A couple of days ago, after an update my Bank of America checking account showed an incorrect balance. The day before it had reconciled perfectly.
After some time researching the issue, the problem was that Quicken deleted 8 transactions from 2017 and 2018.
I used the last good backup, and downloaded transactions to update balances. All accounts downloaded correctly. But the Bank of America account showed a different balance again. (and not the same balance as before)
This account has near 3,000 transactions.
The file was validated again without errors.
What would be the problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I assume you are using Express Web Connect for your Bank of America checking account, correct?

If so my guess would be the switch to using QCS for syncing the transaction data as explained in this post.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882641/qcs-express-web-connect-is-cloud-sync

The workaround would be to create a new data file setting it up with mobile sync (it doesn't have to have any accounts, or just create a manual checking account), so that you can use the following to delete the old Quicken cloud account data and have it recreated so that they are in sync again.

Select Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Cloud accounts associated wit this Quicken ID(x)

This will pop up a dialog where you can select the original data's cloud account name and delete it.

When you go back to that data file, and do One Step Update it will recreate this account, but this time it should be in sync and as such not delete your transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mariap
    mariap Member ✭✭
    I mentioned the Bugsplat screens when dowloading transactions, but I do not think this is the cause of the problem. Quicken should not delete transactions when downloading.
    The last Bugsplat screen was today downloading Santander Bank data.
    I made the download again and the download finished correctly.
  • mariap
    mariap Member ✭✭
    I went back to the last good backup, reset the cloud data, and now the download works correctly, no transactions deleted.
    So the problem is the Quicken Web/Mobile feature.
    Would the number of transactions have something to do with this problem?
    The BOA account is using Direct Connect.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it would be the number of transactions.  From what I have seen of the reports on this forum it is that somehow the data file and the cloud data get out of sync, and then problems show up.  Not exactly sure what might cause that, but restoring from an old backup, or having two data files where one was copied from the other might cause it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mariap
    mariap Member ✭✭
    By the way, what I did earlier today since I did not want to invest more time with this problem, is
    I used the good backup deleted the download option from it.
    I added a new account for the same BOA account and download the data since June. (with correct opening balance of course)
    This was in case the number of transactions had a part in this problem.
    Thanks for your help again
  • mariap
    mariap Member ✭✭
    FYI: I did not use a copy or a restored backup before this problem happened.
This discussion has been closed.