Fremont Bank connection fails

QWin failed to connect to Fremont Bank WC with CC-889. It was connecting fine up to yesterday (11/4/2020).
Per the Quicken Help site, CC-889 means the FI no longer supports Express Web Connect connections. The issue needed to work with the FI. I called and talked with Jay at Fremont Bank online support. He said there is a connection problem connecting from Quicken. They are working on it. There's no ETR at this time.
I'll update here when I have any future updates.
Tagged:

Comments

• RChan
    RChan Member ✭✭✭
    I spoke too soon. My connection to Fremont Bank from QP Win failed again with error code 889 this time. I tried to Deactivate and Activate the Online Setup with no avail.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @RChan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this, and for not having received a response yet.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Error CC-889 usually means that the account's connection method is set up to use Express Web Connect while the Financial Institution only supports Direct Connect as its Quicken connection method. Please, refer to this support article for more information regarding error CC-889.

Could you, please, check which connection method the account is set up for?

Check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RChan
    RChan Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Anja,

Appreciate your follow-up.

My Quicken is Premier version
    Year: 2020
    Version: R26.22
    Build: 27.1.29.22

I have deactivated the account and tried to add it back. The account list has 2 options for connection;

zzz-Fremont Bank Direct Connect, or
    Fremont Bank Personal Banking

I tried both way. For Direct Connect method, in addition to it requires user logon id and password, it also requires Routing Number and Account Number. (I tried using the routing and account numbers on my checking account.) It failed.
    I have not yet callback to Fremont Bank to ask for the additional required information. When I previously called Fremont Bank, they did not mention they only support or offer me to start using DC method, but he seemed aware of the connection problem, but he said they do not have any ETR.

I have been trying to add account in this few days. The error code received recently have changed to OL-291-A, to OL-301-A (on tonight). I am going to call Fremont Bank later this week to ask them for the additional required information for the DC method.
  • tgmg00a
    tgmg00a Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I opened a ticket on 11/1 and Fremont back said by 11/8. It is still not working as of 11/12/20.
  • RChan
    RChan Member ✭✭✭
    Tried to re-activate Online Services. Still receive the same error code OL-301-A. Contacted Fremont Bank today about the issue. The Representative said they have received internal advice from their IT that the issue is with Quicken not at Fremont Bank.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @RChan,

Thank you for the update, though I apologize for not having received a follow-up response yet.

For error OL-301-A, please follow the steps below to see if this resolves it.
    1. In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jmatsumo
    jmatsumo Member ✭✭
    I tried the above steps and I am still getting the OL-301-A error - "Your financial institution has rejected your request. Additional information from Fremont Bank-Personal Banking Unexpected Institution ID. " also on a side note my Fremont Bank Accounts no longer show up in the One step Update.
  • jmatsumo
    jmatsumo Member ✭✭
    Today I was able to download transactions from my Fremont Bank Checking Account. I did have to reset it up again though. The bad news is that I have a savings account that was not on the list to select, so I am 1 for 2 on the account download issue.
  • RChan
    RChan Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken has just downloaded/installed an update. Just tried to add (Reactivate) Fremont Bank Personal Banking online service. It was able to add and download transactions......
  • RChan
    RChan Member ✭✭✭
    Online Update connection to Fremont Bank Personal Banking totally broke now!! It has gone on about 4 weeks (since late January). My last successful Online Update was on January 4, 2021. It now receives error code QL-293-A. I followed all suggested actions listed in the Quicken "What do I do?". Problem persists. I contacted Fremont Bank and thought I got a representative who already knew the problem because she acknowledged she has received the same report from other customers. She forwarded me instructions that hope to resolve the issue for me. The instruction actually is to download a .qfx file format from Fremontbank.com. Then import the file on Quicken. The problem is the file downloaded contains 3 years of the transaction history. About only 10% of the transactions listed with "Match" the transaction to my existing register. The rest are listed as "New". Since I wanted to get the Online Update fix. After spending over 6 hours cleaning the register. This account is no longer has Online Setup. I tried to add the account, it still receives QL-293-A.
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Fremont Bank connection fails.
This discussion has been closed.