Calendar Issue (Q Mac)

marywang
marywang Member ✭✭
I am running Quicken for MAC V16.42. In the calendar view when I make a change to a scheduled transaction, the change doesn't show up in the calendar. It disappears totally.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Resolved

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and for your patience. 

This bug has been fixed in the upcoming 6.0.2 release. Please keep an eye on this upcoming update.

Please let me know if the trouble continues to persist after you have updated to 6.0.2.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Resolved
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    marywang said:
    ... change to a scheduled transaction ...
    Exactly what change are you making?

What kind of transaction is it?
    What is its schedule: When does it start? What is the Frequency?  Etc.?
    marywang said:
    ... In the calendar view
    I would suggest you examine the customizations you have set up for this calendar. Click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner of the calendar and then on Customize in the menu. What Accounts are selected?

Set up another calendar: do you see the scheduled transaction there?

Also, go to the All Transactions register and find the scheduled transaction in that list. Is the transaction where you expect it?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @marywang  Back up a second… did you mean to say version 16.2.4, which is Quicken 2007? Big difference from what most people in this forum are using, so I wanted to get clear on that before you get answers which are for a different version.

I'm not sure I understand what you're doing. Would you be able to post screenshots of what you're seeing/changing/doing?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • marywang
    marywang Member ✭✭
    Sorry for the confusion; I am on MAC OS Catalina 10.15.7 and Quicken 5.18.2. I had scheduled events for example payroll on the 15th and last day of month. In Nov the 15th falls on a Sunday so I changed that instance to Nov 13 and when I did that it now doesn't show up on my calendar but the the Nov 30 instance is still scheduled. My account selected are the same and the date is for a 14 day range. See screenshot.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @marywang

Thank you for the screenshot and the additional details, however, I have been unable to create this so far.

When I edit a scheduled transaction, I see it reflect correctly on the calendar. Does this seem to affect this reminder or multiple reminders?

May I ask that you capture a screenshot of the reminder in question to see if we are able to spot the problem?

Thank you!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • marywang
    marywang Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,
    It only affects the instance that I have changed; the others in the future schedule still shows. So I had a Nov 29 instance for a bill due; I changed that to Nov 27 as the 29th is a Sunday. Once I did that, it no longer showed on my calendar view; however for Dec it still shows on Dec 29. Here is Nov. and Dec for the 29th. I guess I can only upload one image at a time.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am able to duplicate this problem with the Calendar. Procedure:
    1. Create a Scheduled transaction by clicking on the Schedule button in the bottom Toolbar.
    2. Set schedule with the following parameters - Type: Income, Payee: my Employer, Frequency: Twice a month, On the: 15th and last days.
    Examine the Register: the transactions are present as expected. And they are also present in the Calendar.

Now change the date of the next instance of the Scheduled transaction:
    1. Edit the date of the next instance in the Register. (Do NOT edit all instances.). Set the date to Nov 13th.
    Again examine the Register and the Calendar. The next instance transaction shows in the Register, but does not show in the Calendar.

Finally, repeat the above procedure, but instead, in the last step, of changing from the 15th to the 13th, change the next instance to the 17th. Now, the transaction on the 17th appears in the Calendar as expected.

Summary: The Calendar fails to display the next instance of a Scheduled transaction when the scheduled date is set to an earlier date than the underlying schedule.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hello @lhossus

Thank you for the response and the steps! I have been able to successfully recreate this issue.

The part that I was missing was that the reminder was being backdated.

I have gone ahead and reported this issue, I will be back with more details once an official bug ticket has been opened!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • marywang
    marywang Member ✭✭
    Thank you @ihossus
    Your description exactly right; they were future scheduled events that I had changed. I did the check changing an older instance (changing that I mean). You may have to test that as well.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

I just wanted to add a small update to this thread. A bug ticket for this issue has been officially opened. 

I will be back with more information as soon as I receive an update. I have no ETA to provide at this time.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

CTP-1272
    ~~~***~~~
  • I have exactly this issue as well.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Resolved

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and for your patience. 

This bug has been fixed in the upcoming 6.0.2 release. Please keep an eye on this upcoming update.

Please let me know if the trouble continues to persist after you have updated to 6.0.2.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Resolved
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.