Sub Totals

I used Reports to compare budgeted categories with actuals.  Works just fine for each individual account.  The problem is with the sub totals for each Budget Category.  For example, one of my categories is Income.  Each individual account (such as interest income) is shown but the sub-total for all income accounts does NOT.  In another category (Insurance) the individual account is shown as it the sub-total for all insurance accounts.  

Why do some sub totals show and other do not?
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ghage,

I don't understand what you are questioning.  Can you perhaps restate your question or give us a screenshot of what you are seeing and which "report" you are looking at?

Thanks in advance!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ghgage
    Ghgage Member
    As this data is rather sensitive I do not wish to do a screen shot. 

So let me try to explain.  I go to Reports and go to  - EasyAnswer Did I meet my budget?  Under Display under Organization I select Category Group.  For each account (i.e. Auto Insurance) the actual, budget and difference is shown. No problems here.  The problem is with the subtotals for the categories (I have 9 categories setup up such as "Insurance").  For 6 of the categories a subtotal is shown  (i.e the total of all insurance accounts).  For 3 of the categories a subtotal is NOT shown.  (i.e the total of all income accounts).  

I hope this is clear.  
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ghgage

Thank you for the additional details and the steps to generate the report that you are encounter this trouble with.

If you do not believe this issue to be related to the transaction in these categories or have ruled this out, I would recommend running validation and repair.

To do so,  please navigate to the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Ghgage
    Ghgage Member
    I just completed the above.  Below I have pasted the results.  I closed Quicken and after opening re-ran the report.  Same problem.  I did redo the entire report.  I got back some of the subtotals (i.e. Income) but not all.  Of the 9 catagories 1 (transfers In) does not show.  

Glenn Gage

[Fri Nov 13 11:10:20 2020]

File: "C:\Users\User\Documents\Quicken\Gage-2020" 

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken repaired Saddlebrooke One account.  No action required.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Fri Nov 13 11:10:26 2020]
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Fidelity Annunity", security "Fidelity VIP Growth Fund", on 8/14/2000 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Fidelity Annunity", security "Fidelity VIP-Equity-Income", on 8/14/2000 that might be missing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    The following transaction(s) involving transfers appear to be damaged.
    You should delete them and recreate as appropriate.

Account Mortgage-Northern Trust: 3/10/1998 Opening Balance   -404,000.00

------------------------------------------------------------
    1 scheduled transactions corrected
    ---
    Corrected 1 Bought or Shares Added transaction that was incorrectly categorized as a realized gain.
    If any of these should have been for a Cover Short Sale, you should modify them. Listed:

Date Type                                Account                            Security                                     Amount
    ---------- ----------------------------------- ----------------------------------- ----------------------------------- ---------------
      1 10/13/2008 Bought                              Schwab-Gage Living Trust            Janus Research Fund                    -$11,500.00
    ---
    Minor problems with Tags corrected
    Analyzing securities.

Number of old style Buy/Cash investment transactions updated: 72/0
    Securities with blank names corrected: 1
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ghgage

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

As it's possible that this issue is due to a discrepancy in the transaction it will be difficult to locate the issue without seeing the problem firsthand.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and isolate this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.