Duplicate entries in account register for scheduled transaction

I created a recurring monthly transfer from one account to another, which worked fine until now. The next scheduled transaction is scheduled for Nov. 20, and it shows OK in the registers. However, the Dec. 20 transaction is entered twice in the registers for both accounts, which throws off my projected future balances. I made no change in the setup. I haven't tried to delete one of them yet. On the "Bills & Income" - "Bills" tab the scheduled recurring transaction for Dec. 20 shows only once. Although I can't see any entries in the "Bills" tab beyond Dec. 20, 2020 despite selecting "Next 6 Months", the "Projected Balances" tab shows that in all future months after Nov. 20 there are duplicate register entries for the monthly recurring transfer.

Quicken 2020 for Mac, ver. 5.18.2.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @EdgarHoover

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

I am not quite sure what could be causing this issue, may I ask that you please capture a screenshot of the duplicated reminder. To share the image, please drag the image to the comment box.

To learn more and see full instructions please visit the link below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • daroldc
    daroldc Member
    I am having a similar issue. Screenshot attached.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @daroldc

Thank you for the response and the screenshot.

Please right-click or control-click on that n the transaction that is listed as "Paid" and choose "Reject Automatic Transaction Match."

This should create two transactions, can you please confirm that these are for the same payment?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • daroldc
    daroldc Member
    OK I tried that and it did create yet another transaction for the same payment. So now I have three transactions for the same payment.
  • Heidi O.
    Heidi O. Member ✭✭✭
    Hi, I am having a similar issue. Quicken for Mac created 2 scheduled transaction entries for my November bank payment from Bank of America, one of which has cleared and the other has not and is throwing my account balance off. See attached.

Please advise.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    This just happened to me also. It had never occurred before. I use my Bank of America checking account just to pay small balances on credit cards. When I downloaded my transactions today, this is what I got.

The second transaction (with the blue envelope) was what I entered manually before the download. You can see that Quicken matched to it. The top transaction with the red envelope was added by Quicken during the download. I cannot drag it on top of the second one, since that one already has a match.

Note that I do not use Quicken Bill Pay. BofA is set up with Direct Connect. I only get the envelopes when I pay a BofA credit card (using their website). If I pay another credit card (e.g., Chase, from Chase's website) the envelopes do not appear.

The last time I paid a BofA credit card was 9/20 and the last time I paid a non-BofA credit card bill was 10/31. So I'm guessing this issue started sometime after one of those two dates.

My main checking account is set up via Quicken Connect, so I never see envelopes there and I haven't seen any duplicates in that account.
This discussion has been closed.