How do I get to the transactions ledger on version R30.09 ?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    BK said:
    ... Someone at Quicken made the decision that Simple view should be the default view for new investment accounts but for some reason there are some who have existing accounts where it switched from the Register view to the Simple view.  Not sure, yet, why this is happening ...
    My WAG theory on this default Q decision is that in the future, the 'Complete' view will be part of Q-Premier and the 'Simple' view will be part of Q-Deluxe.  One step at a time.
    Interesting theory.  If they do it they are going to get a lot of angry users.
    I agree.  From a marketing perspective it would probably be a mistake to take away or downgrade functionality of an existing product offering.  Now, a "Starter+" option would, IMO, make more sense.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• mlabjr61
    mlabjr61 Member ✭✭
    Quicken updated the other day and now all but one of my investment accounts show four windows/reports. I can not find a way to get a register view like I use to have. One account (401K) is still normal, but many switched to the four window view. How do I get my registers back?
  • Thanks to deathrs and Chris_QPW for your very helpful comments. I was able to go through and fix things by:
    1. Changing all the investment accounts from Simple to Complex
    2. Finding the securities with a closing price of $1 and deleting that price from the price history. This was the most tedious part of this exercise. For whatever reason, this was restricted to mutual funds and fixed income instruments. Stock prices were updated properly.
    3. Validating the file for good measure

I have used Quicken for more than 20 years. I have never seen such a bungled release from them. The new features are poorly designed, the execution of the new release was abominable, and they failed to provide their support people with sufficient information to handle the questions. I am not ready to switch to another provider yet, but I am going to start looking for alternatives in case this pattern continues.
  • Plowboy50
    Plowboy50 Member ✭✭
    This morning when updating American Century Mutual Funds, the price per share was $1 on most accounts. This needs to be fixed ASAP
  • Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    My Quicken updated to R30.9 this morning. Yikes...glad I came here first after I saw problems. Rule # 1 in software updates - never change existing customer preferences. All my investing accounts were changed to simple view! Once I fixed that problem I had to hunt down and delete all the $1 share price entries. Makes me wonder what else is hiding for me to find....
  • Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    Glad I saw this, particularly # 3 above. Thankfully I only had 1 transaction I had to delete but I would have missed it (at least till after the end of the month when I did my reconciles) if I hadn't read this thread. Not sure how all this got of QA at Quicken but yikes!
  • twarrell
    twarrell Member
    Is there a known issue with Fidelity NetBenefits? Both my 401K accounts show $0 balance after OSU. The Fidelity site is accessible and amounts are showing correctly.
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Simple Investing Beta - Net Worth is wrong - Fidelity quotes reset to $1.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Can anyone summarize what's going on with R30.09 at this point? It appears that it has some significant problems (switch to simple investing, prices changing to $1/share, etc), yet Quicken still seems to be pushing it out. It just tried to install this morning, but I've got it blocked from automatically updating (via Windows). Given what I'm reading over the past couple of days, I'm surprised that Q has not halted the rollout until they fix the problems. Are the issues not as widespread as they seem or is Q just ignoring what's being reported?
  • Quicken SangeethaS
    Quicken SangeethaS Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for raising it to us. I'm trying to understand if all the accounts for everyone moved to Simple on taking R30. Is there anyone here who did not have their investment account move to Simple? For those whose accounts moved to Simple, have you ever tried Beta before and set those accounts to Simple investing account? I'm asking these questions so that we can try and reproduce the issue. Your inputs will be very helpful. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken SangeethaS None of my investment accounts were changed to simple investing when I updated to R30.9.  I did test it in a prior version.  But note that as far as I remember after every time I tested it.  I went back to a copy of my data file before that testing, just to be safe.

I will also point out something just in case it was missed in this thread/what you saw.  There is a reported case that a person still on R29.22 had some of their accounts go to simple even though he hadn't even set the option to enable it in the Preferences.
    To turn change from simple investing in those accounts he had to actually enable it first.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jamesooi
    jamesooi Member ✭✭
    FWIW, only some of my accounts (maybe 2/3 of them?) changed to Simple upon upgrading to R30.9. To my knowledge, I had never tried Beta before. Most of the accounts I noticed changing to simple were at UBS Financial Services.
  • jamesooi
    jamesooi Member ✭✭
    I am sure Quicken will get to the bottom of the weird shares and bad transactions. I am concerned about speed, though. Although I am using 2 different computers to test things out and the slower computer is on R30.9, I am seeing extreme slowness of processing the downloads and often when clicking on accounts, I get an hourglass for a long time, and then when it comes back another click creates another hourglass. Is anyone else seeing this change in speed?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for raising it to us. I'm trying to understand if all the accounts for everyone moved to Simple on taking R30. Is there anyone here who did not have their investment account move to Simple? For those whose accounts moved to Simple, have you ever tried Beta before and set those accounts to Simple investing account? I'm asking these questions so that we can try and reproduce the issue. Your inputs will be very helpful. 
    Moving to Simple on taking R30.9 is not affecting everyone.  I am one of those who was not moved to Simple and who has not seen share prices change to $1.00. 
    • I have 4 working data files and 3 test data files with investment accounts in each of them and they all have their own unique Cloud Account IDs.  Since updating to R30.9 I have manually turned Simple Beta on and off multiple times on multiple investment accounts in each of these files and have observed no issues.
    • I had previously turned on the Simple Beta option in Preferences with R29.22 and in Account Details had switched on and off Simple Beta on some investment accounts as a test and observed no issues.  I did have Complete tracking turned on for all of these accounts before I updated to R30.9.
    We have been trying to understand why some people are seeing these issues and others are not.  Maybe it has something to do with whether or not Simple Beta was turn on or not in R29.22?  Or, maybe it is something else. 
    BTW, here is the post thread about the person who was moved to Simple while still on R29.22 that @Chris_QPW referred to:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20131513#Comment_20131513.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Quicken SangeethaS
    Quicken SangeethaS Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for your super helpful responses. We will dig deeper into this to understand. Thank you all. 
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    For me, All my Vanguard accounts went to simple (4 IRAs and 1 Investment account) 
    All other FI accounts stayed Complete
    I have done BETA with those accounts BUT NOT with this datafile
    I also restored a backup before this happened and it switched same accounts to Simple very quickly during the finishing final conversion while opening 
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Our Teams are continuing to research this issue and are asking for some assistance as they have so far been unable to replicate the security price change in-house.

For any User that has been affected by this behavior and the security price change to $1.00, our Team is asking if you would be willing to share a sanitized copy of your data file where this issue occurred.

Sanitizing a data file removes all personally identifiable information, including financial institution login information, account names and obfuscates the transaction data to ensure your privacy remains intact.

If you are willing to assist, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem option.

In the window that opens, please enter "Attn: CTP-1280, File Copy" in the subject line, mark every box listed, including the Sanitized data file option and when ready click "Send to Quicken".

If you would prefer, Support is also available here, to assist with gathering a copy of the data file and adding it to the open ticket.  

Thank you in advance,

Sarah
  • Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    Sarah,
    I already deleted all the $1.00 price updates that were downloaded. If my data file would still be helpful I’d be glad to share per your instructions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth, I just got R30.10 (After One Step Update) and here are the release notes.

Version R30.10 (November, 2020)

What's fixed

• Resolved an issue in which a What's New graphic displayed date information in an incorrect format.
    • An issue in which some accounts were incorrectly changed from complete investment transaction reporting to Simple Investing.

Changed

• Simple Investing has been returned to beta status. You can select the option using Preferences > Investment Transactions.

I say for what it is worth, because I haven't had the problems with Simple Investing, so I can't judge if this has really fixed the problem or not.  Note the release is in limited user mode right now so you might not get it yet even if you check for updates.  And it hasn't yet been posted to the manual update page.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    They paused it already and don't have the link updated yet. I will check as soon as I can get the patch since 1 of my files DID have the bug
  • Lsquared
    Lsquared Member
    Unfortuneately, after I downloaded 30.10, I still have $1 for share prices for several mutual funds.
  • Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    > @Lsquared said:
    > Unfortuneately, after I downloaded 30.10, I still have $1 for share prices for several mutual funds.

Just delete the $1 price entries in the price history and you should be good to go.
  • jamesooi
    jamesooi Member ✭✭
    I had big problems with 30.09, rolled back to 29, just upgraded to 30.10, and am seeing no problems. Behavior and speed seem unchanged vs 29 for my usage pattern.
This discussion has been closed.