Some of my accounts have been deleted during an update. What happened?

I updated today like I do every day and I noticed that several of my accounts are gone...and they are not "hidden" either. It appears as though Lowe's, Tractor Supply, a Visa account, Goody's, and Kohl's are all gone! I did a super validation and it appears as though all the transactions are still there. However, it now shows [Unspecified Account] in the category field in my register. How do I get my accounts back? And Why did this happen?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

We do ask that you please send in a copy of your log files in order to assist the investigation while it remains ongoing. To do so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and add "Attn: QWIN-18349" to the title.

Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

In the meantime, we recommend restoring a backup file to restore the missing accounts and data. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Thank you!
    (QWIN-18349)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• David Straub
    David Straub Member ✭✭
    I have seen this happen now twice in my datafile. About a month ago and two days ago on Nov 19th. The only way I've found to get the accounts back is to restore from a previous back up.
  • waltlyons
    waltlyons Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. What's going on?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

We do ask that you please send in a copy of your log files in order to assist the investigation while it remains ongoing. To do so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and add "Attn: QWIN-18349" to the title.

Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

In the meantime, we recommend restoring a backup file to restore the missing accounts and data. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Thank you!
    (QWIN-18349)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.