Assign Shortcut Key to Account/Register

In QM2007, we could assign shortcut keys to specific accounts. For example, I assigned ⌘-1 to my checking, ⌘-2 to my savings, etc. Is there a way to do this in Quicken 2020?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    No, unfortunately not. I miss this, too. All they would need to do would be to include all the accounts in a submenu of the Accounts menu, and then you could use the built-in macOS functionality for assigning a key command to any menu item in any program. But since accounts appear only in the sidebar but not in a menu, there's no way to do this currently.

There is an Idea thread on this forum requesting this functionality. I suggest you visit it and cast your vote (click the little gray arrow under the vote count in the blue box beneath the first post):

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7339304/quicken-for-mac-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-accounts-22-legacy-votes
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    No, unfortunately not. I miss this, too. All they would need to do would be to include all the accounts in a submenu of the Accounts menu, and then you could use the built-in macOS functionality for assigning a key command to any menu item in any program. But since accounts appear only in the sidebar but not in a menu, there's no way to do this currently.

There is an Idea thread on this forum requesting this functionality. I suggest you visit it and cast your vote (click the little gray arrow under the vote count in the blue box beneath the first post):

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7339304/quicken-for-mac-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-accounts-22-legacy-votes
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ASG55
    ASG55 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll visit the other threads and up-vote them.
This discussion has been closed.