Schwab Transactions Not Downloading

Not sure where the problem lies but within the last couple days, transactions that are listed in my Schwab account aren't downloading into quicken. No problem connecting, no error message, just transactions I can see when I log in directly to Schwab aren't downloading. I tried resetting the online connection, everything connected but no downloaded transactions. Any ideas where the problem lies?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Ronald L Doyle,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To clarify, when you reset the connection did you do so by deactivating the account completely and then reactivating the connection or was it by clicking the Reset Account button in the Online Services tab? Also, when was the last time you were able to successfully download transactions?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• will66pu
    will66pu Member ✭✭
    re transaction download from Schwab not happening. The One Step button Update in Quicken seems to be a cause of this problem. I updated one Schwab account individually and transactions downloaded no problem , but then used One Step Update for another Schwab account and that step failed to download transactions, although appearing to complete normally. There were no error messages. Thereafter using individual update on the affected Schwab account also failed to download transactions. So once the one step button update is used on a Schwab account all subsequent attempts to update that account fail to download transactions
  • will66pu
    will66pu Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken R30.10 Build 27.1.30.10. The Schwab download problem started sometime after November 16, the date of last successful one step update with Schwab accounts. The Quicken program updated in recent days to the current build and could have a bug.
  • Ronald L Doyle
    Ronald L Doyle Member ✭✭✭
    Download using OSU worked this morning for both transactions and posting dividends
  • Mikey-FL
    Mikey-FL Member ✭✭
    I also noticed today that i'm missing several days of schwab transactions which should have downloaded due to maturing cd's. according to my records the last download occurred on 11/19. that was one day prior to the latest quicken update on 11/20 - R30.10.
  • Mikey-FL
    Mikey-FL Member ✭✭
    As an additional note - There are no error messages given when connecting to schwab and quicken indicates that last download was today. however, as i said before the matured cd transactions are not being downloaded and therefore not updating my quicken balances. as an additional note, i did reset the account but that did nothing as i can connect to schwab servers but nothing comes down.
  • Ronald L Doyle
    Just a clarification-download worked today for new transactions that took place yesterday. The transactions that were missed last week never downloaded and I had to enter them manually.
  • Mikey-FL
    Mikey-FL Member ✭✭
    just ran a schwab quicken update...as you it downloaded yesterday's mature cd but did not download those other issues since it stopped about the 11/20. don't know whose at fault, but hopefully it has fixed itself.
  • Ronald L Doyle
    Very frustrated. Update today missed downloading dividend payments in several of my Schwab accounts. Dividends are posted online but failed to download. Back to square 1.
  • Ronald L Doyle
    Download worked the other day and downloaded both transactions and dividends. It seems the issue is with downloading dividend payments alone. I'm using quicken premier for widows subscription. Version R30.10 Build27.1.30.10
  • Texas Ed
    Texas Ed Member ✭✭
    Same version and build, identical problem. Schwab accounts download all security purchase and sale activities, but stopped downloading any income related transactions (Div, CGs, ROC, etc.). Last successful dividend download was 11/16/2020; first 'missed' download was on 11/24/2020.
  • Ronald L Doyle
    Once again dividend payments posted to my account didn't download with one step update. I deactivated and reactivated all my accounts with Schwab and then everything downloaded. Then ran a one step update to make sure everything was ok and received OL-362-a error. So the problems continue. I'm hoping someone at Quicken is looking into this.
  • Texas Ed
    Texas Ed Member ✭✭
    No change this morning. The last transactions that actually occurred on any of my Schwab accounts was 11/24. The buy and sell transactions downloaded accurately and timely, Dividends did not. I hope this is corrected or we figure out what's wrong by EOM. Does anyone know if this is occurring only with Schwab accounts and has anyone with Schwab accounts been successful downloading dividend transactions from Schwab since the latest version upgrade on 11/20 ? Is anyone from Quicken looking into this?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Texas Ed

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps and a review of the logs.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • stewch9
    stewch9 Member ✭✭
    Same problem here: Schwab download is missing transactions after 11/16, whether I used OSU or single-account update. On 12/1 I could download a single new transaction from 11/30, but still nothing from the intervening period. Version R30.10 Build27.1.30.10
  • Ronald L Doyle
    I continue to have the same problem. Two dividends posted to my Schwab account on 11/30 failed to download today
  • LS756
    LS756 Member ✭✭
    I just discovered that transactions from my Schwab brokerage have not downloaded since Nov 20, and there are several there to be downloaded. No error message and update says all is complete. This is only happening in the one account that I keep a separate linked cash checking account and can't help assuming this is causing the glitch. Anyone else having this problem or have any hints or suggestions for solving this. Thanks
  • linehant
    linehant Member ✭✭
    I'm experiencing the same problem with my Fidelity accounts. Transactions are not downloading. Having to enter everything manually. On version R30.10
  • squinn
    squinn Member
    on Quicken Premier Version R30.10. Schwab transactions haven't loaded since 11/15. Spent time with Quicken Customer service and did not get problem resolved. Also contact Schwab who said they would look into the issue.
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Member ✭✭
    I am having the same trouble this afternoon. Generally, my Schwab accounts download without trouble, but not today. I will try again later tonight to see if someone has fixed the problem.
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Member ✭✭
    Tried updating my portfolio again tonight. Still no transactions from Schwab.
  • stewch9
    stewch9 Member ✭✭
    I also spent long chat session with Support yesterday (12/1) on this, with no success. Did plenty of resets of the account setting, toggled automatic entry on and off, etc...your mileage may vary, but.
    This morning, I was able to download new transactions (dividends) that were posted yesterday by Schwab.
  • drysky47
    drysky47 Member
    I have also had problems with many Schwab transactions not downloading. Seems to have started mid-November with the version 30.10 update. No errors, just missing transactions.
  • LS756
    LS756 Member ✭✭
    For all that are using R30.10 and having trouble downloading transactions, is your cash account a separate linked checking account or is your cash reported in the equity holdings. I have other accounts in my quicken that have not missed a dividend or interest download, but the cash is recorded in the equity holdings. I download all at the same time through one step. Only my account that is linked to the cash account is having problems. Makes me wonder if that is where the glitch is.
  • LS756
    LS756 Member ✭✭
    > @LS756 said:
    > For all that are using R30.10 and having trouble downloading transactions, is your cash account a separate linked checking account or is your cash reported in the equity holdings. I have other accounts in my quicken that have not missed a dividend or interest download, but the cash is recorded in the equity holdings. I download all at the same time through one step. Only my account that is linked to the cash account is having problems. Makes me wonder if that is where the glitch is.

Update: Sorry to report I was mistaken. After taking a closer look, I do have transactions in all accounts that are missing in Quicken. This is going to be a nightmare come reconciliation day.
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Member ✭✭
    I contacted Schwab via Chat. Their representative said that it is a known issue by Schwab, and also known by Quicken Tier 2 Support. They told me to call Quicken Tier 2 Support at (650) 250-1900. I guess I will try that next?
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Member ✭✭
    Maybe Quicken_Tyka can tell us if there is any activity at Quicken regarding this issue. It does not seem to be an error on the user's part, as it seems to be widespread.
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Member ✭✭
    Okay - I just worked with Quicken Help via Online Chat. I was able to get my transactions to download. We tried to "Reset" the account, and that did not work, but then we Deactivated and Activated the accounts, and that "fixed" It. Later tonight, I will post the steps that we did. First step is to perform a backup of your data in case things go south. I will post the steps later tonight.
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Member ✭✭
    These steps worked for me. Hopefully they will work for others. First some background. I had a more than one Schwab account linked to Quicken. Two of the accounts had missing transactions starting on about 11/16/2020. The first thing the we tried was Resetting the link, which did not work for me. It might work for you though. This is what worked for my accounts:

1. Backup your Quicken Data file, so you have a good copy to go back to if something goes wrong.

2. Make sure you know what your Schwab ID and password are.

3. Note the value of each of your Schwab accounts, so that
    you can compare it to the "after" when we are done, just to
    make sure something didn't go wrong.

3. "Deactivate" EACH of your Schwab accounts:
    Tools, Account List, Find the Schwab account, select "EDIT".
    On "Online Services" tab, Press "Deactivate".
    (do this for each of your Schwab accounts, even if no
    trouble)

4. "Activate" EACH of your Schwab accounts:
    Tools, Add Account, Select Charles Schwab, and provide
    your Schwab User ID and your password (it says "Pin", but
    use your password for some reason).
    You need to link each of the Schwab accounts with an
    existing account in Quicken, using the dropdown menu on
    the right column. Make sure to pick the right ones, or it
    will probably make a very big mess. When it was processing,
    it said it was processing transactions transactions from
    hundreds of days ago, which scared me, but nothing bad
    happened.

5. Now, check to see if your missing transactions have been
    downloaded, and that the account balances seem correct.

6. You are done. If something goes wrong, you will need to
    go back to your backup copy that you created before trying
    these steps.
This discussion has been closed.